Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Ohip ontario & medicare
    My children & I are returning to Ottawa, Ontario next year - we are all Canadian citizens & will be residents for at least a year. Are we able to get a health care card right away? Are there any recipricol rights with Australian medicare that can tide us over?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
    If you resided in Ontario before you left, then when you return you are automatically covered and your old health cards still apply. Once you have an OHIP number you have it for life.

The are no reciprocal rights with Australia medicare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fica & medicare taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Our employee has an H-1 Visa - do I deduct fica & medicare?

Ohip and medicare [ 1 Answers ]

We are moving to Ontario, Canada from Alberta Canada, but spend winters in Arkansas.Currently we have part B medicare coverage in the USA and will have OHIP coverage from Ontario when we get moved there. Is it redundant for us to be paying for part B medicare when we have out of province for 7...

SS & Medicare Not Withheld [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I arrived in the US in August 2002 on an F-1 visa for college. After graduating in 4 years, I was on my OPT and have since transferred my status to J-1 in order to get training at a US company. I have now been in the US intermittently for 5 1/2 years on a student/trainee visa. When I...

How to Claim SS & Medicare on H1B [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently working on my H1b Visa. I started working with a company from Jan 2005. Jan 2005 till April 2005 I was on OPT. I got my H1b approved from first week of June. I would like to claim SS & medicare taxes. I am the only H1b guy in this company so HR people are not aware how to...

SS, Medicare & Statetaxes [ 9 Answers ]

Actually I have two questions: 1) Reading a few other posts, I have noticed that a lot of people are talking about that while being on F1 and working under OPT, my employer is not supposed to withhold SS and Medicare. Is that correct or did I understand sth the wrong way. If, this is true, is...

View more questions Search