Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedbyAC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Trane vs Carrier AC/heat system?
    [F]
    I live in central Florida and in the process of choosing a new system for my AC/Heat. My decision is between Trane and Carrier. We are looking a using a reputable dealer/installer so that is not a problem. The system we are looking at using is a 13 SEER unit with a variable speed air handler (upping the system to 14 SEER), and a Honeywell thermostat with humidity control.

The Trane is slightly higher but has better warranty. However, I have heard that the Trane systems have had evaporator coil problems with the R-410A coolant. Has anyone had repeated problems with this?

What would you recommend?

Confused
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 02:54 PM
    All systems have problem areas and the factory takes steps to make corrections. Watch out for the variable speed air handlers. The replacement motor,electronic end bell for the motor and circuit boards are very very expensive to replace when out of warranty. The motor usually runs 600.00 to 800.00 alone.

Both companies make good equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane, Carrier or? ; R410A or R22? [ 17 Answers ]

Help. I live in a home with two A/C-Heat pump units that are around 15-16 years old. Since we moved in 10 years ago, we have had yearly problems with at least one of the systems or both. The outside box (condensor/compressor?) was replaced, the system would freeze, Freon would be low at least...

Trane vs. Payne vs. Carrier - Any suggestions. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I'm in serious need of a new a/c unit after ours died this past weekend. It was a 4 ton carrier, 9 seer, 14 years old. We've gotten 5 quotes & are seriously considering between 2 companies based on quality of prior installations (that's what I hear is most important, not price). All 3...

Trane XL80 w heat pump system [ 4 Answers ]

1990 Heater: Trane XL80 w\ original Trane A\C - heat pump 1990 Thermostat: Trane Weathertron Last year, problem began occurring whereby our heater will not lite unless we switch to 'emergency heat'. Then, the heater unit will ignite and the heat pump eventually shuts off, making our system...

Carrier vs. Trane vs. Rheem- comment on quote below . [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I currently have 4 tone builder grade that got busted and not working any more. Here are some replacement quotes I've: 1. Carrier 14 Seer # 24ACA348A003 and FV4BNF005000 $5600 15 Seer Carrier Variable Speed $6924

View more questions Search