Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnaAna1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Can I sell things online (Amazon, my own website or ebay) with a J2 visa EAD?
    Hi. I have the visa J-2 and just 1 week ago I can start working because I receive the work permit from USCIS.

I have read that with a J2 visa, I can start my own business but I cannot work for it (unless an American Citizen is willing to sponsor me for the H-1B visa).

I would like to work from home and start a business online. Selling things from Amazon, eBay or from my own website (I have not got one yet).

I would like to know:
    1) If this is legal and possible without the H-1B visa
    2) If I have to declare taxes to the IRS.
    3) What I have to do.
    4) Can I do it if I am a self-employed? (I really do not know the difference between being a self- employed and starting a business).

Thank You very much

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for me to sell music I originally make online on my website? [ 1 Answers ]

My band records our own music with our own recording equipment. We are not sure if it is legal to sell that music on our own website.

Can J-2 EAD holders sell stuff on eBay? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, Can J-2 EAD holders (with no restrictions on the EAD card) sell stuff on eBay? I heard some people says that J2 EAD holders can do any kind of jobs for employers, but can not do business on eBay, cause eBay is not an "employer", is that true? Thanks!

H1b visa status need to pay income tax for eBay sell? [ 4 Answers ]

hello, I have h1b visa right now, my opt begin at 12/2007-9/31/2008.my H1B begin at 10/2008. during 06/2008 to 09/30/2008,I sell over 11k value laptops on eBay,income about 2000 dollar. First question,do I need to pay tax to IRS about my eBay income. 2,does paypal report my account informations...

Can J-2 EAD holders sell stuff online on eBay or similar websites? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Immigration attorneys, Can valid J-2 EAD holders (with no restrictions on their EAD card) sell stuff on e-bay or similar websites? (Seems somewhat tricky as its not strictly an "employment" with an "employer." Any suggestions?) Thanks, Ratan.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.