Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gdawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Need a Fan Remote for Halsey Ceiling Fan
    Anyone know of a universal remote that will work with my fan? The original remote has quit working. I dropped water on it

Here is all the information I have on the fan/remote:

Remote Control
    Fan speed control
    Model UC-7040
    120V / 60Hz 1A / 250W
    Made in Taiwan
    Used with Halsey Ceiling Fan
    Models HC HP and HG

The receiver still works (tested with another fan remote) but unfortunately is built into the fan and cannot be easily replaced. There are 5 DIP switch settings compared to the more common 4 DIP switches.

Any info or link to a good universal remote is appreciated, thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 10:55 PM
    What was the other remote you tested it with? Was it also to a Halsey fan? Is there any make/model information on the fan?
    mel Pimentel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Need to know where to purchased the remote model : UC-7040 120V/60HZ 1A/250W
    MADE IN TAIWAN
    USED WITH HALSEY CEILING FAN MODELS HC-HP-AND-HG-
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Try:

1. A Universal remote
    2. Regency Fan Co (their fans are made by Halsey, so are Gulf Coast)
    3. CeilingFanParts.com Home
    4. Ceiling Fans parts & repairs online

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control [ 34 Answers ]

?? Hi I have a hampton bay sidewinder ceiling fan that came with a wall mount remote control. I wanted to have a hand held remote control, so went and purchased a remote control that came with its own receiver (hunter). I replaced the original receiver with the new receiver. The hand held...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Halsey Ceiling Fan Remote Probs [ 5 Answers ]

I also have a Halsey, dated 2001. I just recently encountered the same problems, but how do I know if it's the receiver or the remote transmitter? I can't get the fan OR the lights to work now. I've made sure the digital freqs are the same, and other combinations don't seem to help. Any...

Ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

Bought ceiling fan and a remote unit. I did not realize that the remote that I bought needed to be hooked up to the electrical power switch. I have already installed the receiver end into the fan and do not want to remove it. The remote has two black wires that I assume are suppose to...

Can't get remote ceiling fan to work [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan with light a couple of months ago. We were replacing a fan that had been controlled by a dial on the wall. The first two receivers burnt out and I called in an electrician to tell me why - apparently the dial on the wall had been messing with the...

View more questions Search