Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirstysmith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 06:45 AM
    Is this a miscarriage?
    Lately I have suspected that I am pregnant, but was waiting to see if I got my period (which is only due for another week and a half from this date) to take a test. I haven't really had symptoms, apart from a bit of a cold, constantly hunger, very bloated and at first my whole boobs was sore, but now its just my nipples, when touched or tapped. For the past week and a half I've had very light cramping, and when I say light, I mean it was that light I was starting to second guess myself. Yesterday my partner grabbed a hold of me and wrapped his legs around me and squashed me that hard it made me cry (he was only joking and didn't mean to hurt me) and a few hours later I started cramping in my lower stomach and then started to lightly spot which was a light pinkish colour, the cramps intensified as did the bleeding which got heavier and is dark red in colour. Today the cramps and bleeding are still there but the cramps have also moved to my lower back so I got a warm bath and tissue and clots came out (quite abit.) I rang the doctor and told him I suspected a miscarriage and he just told me to take a pregnancy test, however I don't think it will show positive as I think I would be too early anyway to show up. What do you think? This is nothing like my normal period and I am usually regular as clockwork
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 06:54 AM
    You need to wait a lot longer than a week and a half if that's when your period is due... you have to wait until its 2 weeks late before you test... or you are most likely going to get a result that means nothing.

Unusual or Irregular periods WILL happen to every woman eventually.

Jul 29, 2014, 08:36 AM
    That's why I said I was waiting to test, but the doctor told me to take a test but I already know it will come up negative. I think every woman knows whensomething is going on with herbody. I strongly suspect that I am miscarrying.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 08:39 AM
    Nobody online can tell you this for sure. If you are concerned, see a doctor.

Jul 29, 2014, 09:44 AM
    I have already spoke to the doctor, they said there wasn't anything they could do. To be honest I haven't found any of these answers helpful I am going to leave this site.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
    Sorry these answers aren't helpful to you but really, what can we tell you? None of us have examined you, we don't even know you. If the doctor said they can't do anything, what could we possibly do?

Do you want us to lie to you and say, "sure, you're miscarrying" ? Why would we do that? We can't possibly know. YOU don't even know for sure so how could strangers online know if you are or not? It could be anything.

Sorry that you want to leave because we couldn't tell you what your doctor couldn't tell you or what you yourself don't know for sure. I feel for you in this situation because I understand that you do want an answer but there really is no answer for us to give you.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 02:48 PM
    Kristy

,As was said, it could be an early loss, it could be an off cycle. On occasion, periods can be off, coming sooner or later than expected, with a lighter or heavier flow. Even if it hasn't happened before, there can be a first time.

I'd try a pregnancy test. What do you have to lose? If this is from a miscarriage, you might get a positive as your ovulation may have also been. When was your last period? Are you on any sort of hormonal birth control?

Your doctor is correct that they wouldn't be able to do anything if it is due to a miscarriage.

If you get a negative result, then it is likely just an off cycle this month. Then you'll have to wait and see what happens next month

.As the others have said, that's all that can be said... maybe a miscarriage, maybe an off cycle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was this a miscarriage? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello , I was supposed to start my period July the first .started the 5th instead . 3 weeks up until & I started my period I had been having terrible abdominal pain , and my breasts couldn't even be touched by my bra too hard or they hurt . I have been on my period for 7 years now, so I am regular...

Miscarriage [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 20 yrs old. 3 weeks ago I had a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage. Five day later the bleeding stopped. Every since then I've been having unprotected sex. On the 31st of oct. I saw the clear stretchy discharge, bu that was the only day. I'm sstill learning my cervix. Now I have mild cramos for...

Was this a miscarriage? [ 0 Answers ]

just had a miscarriage in the middle of March 2012. My doctor said that when I went into the office that my HCG levels were around 330 and I was supposed to be around 5 or 6 weeks. Then 3 weeks ago I started taking my birth control again. Then today I had cramping and pinkish discharge and...

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

How do I know if I'm having a miscarriage or not ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am hoping someone can really help. Me and my partner have a 4yr old son and have been trying for another baby for nearly 2yrs, I suffered a miscarriage last September. I am now unsure thou as to if I'm having another. I was convinced I was pregnant but haven't done a test yet as wanted to see...

View more questions Search