Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babylove71 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Military PCS
    My child's father request to PCS overseas to England, Lakenheath. He just got notify that he was chosen and will be Permament Change of Station (PCS) he is just waiting for his orders. His tour ends Aug 2014 He is an E5 Security Force SSgt USAF, does anyone know what the likelihood he will be station there for the remainder of his tour? Does the permament really mean just that it's permament? Thanks.

smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2011, 09:54 AM

PCS is permanent only in the sense of a TDY is short term temporary...

After the tour it up... he can request to extend it... but they might send him somewhere else for another PCS... (permanent ony for the specified duration of the tour assuming command doesn't change their mind)

But in the Military... one can never assume anything... you are at their beacon call and he can always be sent somewhere.

You can safely assume its LIKELY you will remain at the PCS station for that tour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking Two PCs [ 1 Answers ]

Networking Problem Internet is a magnificent medium to find solutions for your PC problem. I got help from it on numerous occasions and I am really thankful to the technology for it. However, despite of asking many times on many forums and trying everything given on the internet, my networking...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Network 2 pcs [ 1 Answers ]

I want to connect two computers in my room to facilitate communication among them. Please help me out with a step by step procedure Thanks...

Cannot connect 1 of 3 pcs to our network [ 6 Answers ]

2 of our 3 xp router hard wired lan pcs see each other. 1 cannot even ping its own IP even though it connects to the Internet just fine. I've done the typical troubleshooting. It's the newest and strongest PC of the 3.

How to network my PCs.. [ 5 Answers ]

I thought I know something about networking but when I have to network my PCs, I can't... I need help guys I guess there such thing as series and parallel connection about net working just like in electrical am I right?. Here where it started, from now on I just have 2 PCs, needed to connect... 1...

View more questions Search