Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KerryLynn0055 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Life w/o my daughter's father... He was our only asset.
    I moved to a small town which resides on my mother's hometown... I've been struggling daily with not knowing what to do. There's no job openings, we lived with my sister but she kicked us out. Now, as the weather gets colder and snow will fall sooner than expected. I've been doing what I can to keep us warm.. It's hard for me to say this, but I feel homeless. Helpless. I don't know what to do... My daughter's father calls and says he'll help if we go back to him but my heart is not capable to endure what I went through with him. It's very hard at this point in time because I've been getting really sick. Not knowing what to do next... any suggestions.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 10:33 AM

Where do you live now? What is the problem if you move in with your daughter's father?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 17, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Even small towns have social services, often shared with other small towns in the area.
    Look in the blue government pages under the town name.
    If you've been kicked out of your sister's, where are you living?

Dec 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I'm temporary living with a friend of the family but it doesn't seem to last... Ugh.

Dec 21, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    With a friend of the family but if I were to go back... I'll be in the state of being controlled in my life. Under his rules... I lost myself when I was with him. I'm still trying to find myself.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 11:58 AM

Is there a public library in town/in the area? They (reference dept) will know about social services around there. The town, township, and county must have helps available for you. Also area churches have outreach/social services offerings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my daughter's biological father [ 8 Answers ]

In 1970 I met an American who called himself Driskill,although I believe his true name to be Clyde Lile Driskill . I think he was from Fredericksburg, Virginia. The last I heard he was in Pineland, Florida. I would be very glad to have any information concerning him :) Kerry Brown

Daughter's Father wants to be a part of her life now. [ 3 Answers ]

In all of my previous posts I have talked about my daughter's father and child custody and support issues. Well, the other day my daughter's grandfather called me and told me that my daughter's father sent him a letter to send to me. I read the letter and he told me that he has been being a coward...

I messed my daughter's life up w/ my meddling! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I'll try and be brief. I had a HUGE falling out w/ a friend. We're now not friends anymore. (I posted the issue already, "Did I betray my friend"). My friends daughter has it out for my daughter. They're 16. The girl's popular and has a ton of allies. My daughter has only one friend, and...

My daughter's biological father abandoned her [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 years old and lives with my husband and I and her younger brother and has for about 5 1/2 years now. We have supported her without any help from her biological father. He took off to NY after we split up when she was 3 1/2. When she was 4 I took him to mediation to try to establish...

View more questions Search