Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brittani18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 11:44 AM
    If I gave a new born pup reg. milk what will happen
    My pit just had pups and one won't eat from her I've been giving her reg. milk with water I'm going to get puppy formula but was it OK that I gave her milk and if not what will because I did
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 28, 2008, 11:26 AM
    The best thing to use is formula. Use regular milk, don't add water to it if it's too thin she could get diarrhea. Best is unhomogenized milk with the cream floating on top like you would get at a dairy farm, not the processed milk from a store. A newborn needs colostrum which is the first milk the mother provides, it has antibodies in it to help the pup fend off disease. So try to get it to nurse once from the mom before going to a bottle if you must. In an emergency like all the stores are closed, none of the neighbors owns a goat, etc. you can use canned milk diluted with water, you can keep this in the pantry in the can for 6 months or so.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 11:28 AM
    You can get formula for the pup at a pet supply store

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim my new born child that was born on January 2008 [ 3 Answers ]

Can I claim my new born child born in January 2008 on my 2007 taxes?

I gave my 30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

OK so my frined gave her 30 day notice tyo her of a landlord,l and he is trying to charge her for that next months rent. But isn't it if you give you notic on the 5th of this mothn you have till the 5th of next month to move out with out extra rent money. I don't know if my state ( wisconsin)...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search