Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zack_Attack1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
    How to put fathers name on birth certificate
    Hi my name is Zachary I am 15 years old. I have a 6month old son, but I am not on his birth certificate. He lives with me and so does his mother, but she says I have no right to put myself on their. I need to know if it costs money or if its free?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Then you are actually the birth father, right ? Yes, you do have a right to be on his bc; it may cost a couple of dollars or so depending on where you are.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
    How old is the mother of the child? You can start a court action for paternity with the help of legal aid and there will be a DNA test done. Once proved the father of the child your name can be added to the birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to put fathers name on birth certificate? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 6 months pregnant and getting a lot of hassel from my ex partner(babys dad) and his mother they treat me as if I'm stupid and say I have mental problems when I stick up for myself I have never said I would stop them seeing the baby when she comes along do I need to put his name on certificate

Fathers name on Birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Can I take my son out of the state without the fathers permission if his name is on the birth certificate, in the state of Ky, or do I have to get full custody

Want to marry but have same fathers name on birth certificate but different fathers [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was pregnant with me when she met the man who's name I on my birth certicate after she passed I found my real father. I wasn't close to the father on the birth certicate didn't know his children now I want to marry the son but we are no kin what do I need to do. His name is on both of the...

Can I put my fathers name on my birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

When I was born my mum didn't put my fathers name on my birth certificate can I put it on now my mum has passed away I live in the uk and have no idea how to do this or even if I can

View more questions Search