Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calebs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
    95 cougar xr7 repair
    I have a 95 cougar xr7 that had sat for 3 years. I did a head gasket up replacement. Got spark got fuel and set timing manually. Car won't start. The only thing I noticed is the intake blows instead of sucks what do I do to get this car going?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 11:12 AM

Timing is off 180 degrees. See if you installed the distributor properly. TDC of cylinder #1, on the compression stroke, should align the rotor with the distributor cap's #1 spark plug terminal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

87 Cougar that will not keep purring [ 8 Answers ]

1987 Merc Cougar Fuel Pump Problem 3.8, CFI, Auto, approx 145,000. Here is how it all atarted and what I have done. One Sunday as we were leaving to go to church the battery was dead in my wifes car. we took my truck instead. After church I charged it for a few hours. It cranked and...

The Cougar Craze [ 5 Answers ]

I just recently got out of a relationship, I have been talking to a younger man quite a bit via over the phone. We have not gone out on a date. We work together, he is my subordinate. This is my dilemma: #1 - I think he is too young #2- I do not date people I work with #3 - I have children ,...

View more questions Search