Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christinehysko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Retention of Bank signature cards
    By Michigan State Law:
    1. How long after an account closes are banks required to keep signature cards on file?
    2. Are banks required to produce signature cards on demand?
    3. IF a bank cannot produce a signature card what other means does a bank have to verify account signatures?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jul 13, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Questions 1 & 2 I can't help.

Question 3 If it is a checking account they will compare the signature to previous checks. Since the signature card is filed at the branch where the account was opened this is the easiest way to verify the signature.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:16 AM

#1 might well be a bank policy. #2 is no, they do not have to produce the card for a consumer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer retention [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a student at the Maldives College of Higher Education, doing my degree in Information Technology. This course contains a lot of business related subjects that I find very hard to learn. One of the subjects is called Help desk and Service Provision. There are other business related subjects such...

Has anyone delt with WELLS FARGO & BANK OF AMERICA credit cards? [ 8 Answers ]

First time user. Me and my husband owe 20,000 to wells fargo and 15,000 to bank of america. We lost our house a couple of months ago. We just could not afford it anymore. We always paid off our credit cards before by paying more than the minimum payment. Since we bought our home in 2005, we...

Bank of America offers credit cards to illegal aliens. [ 21 Answers ]

I have radio on all day and have heard nothing BUT this debate over the past 2-3 days. I'm pretty sure I've heard every pro and con that there is. I'm hearing lucid arguments from both sides, but in the end I have to side with the ones who think it's not good - even though it apparently is legal....

Data retention on flash cards [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm just wondering if flash media (like Secure Digital cards) are erased or if there is any data corruption when a magnet is placed on the media. Thanks for letting me know! -WeS

View more questions Search