Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjnolen1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 05:56 PM
    New Trane System
    I live in Charlotte, NC and recently received a bid for replacing the system for my house. I have two systems - one that is a combined heater and condenser and the other that is split with the heat pump in the attic and the condenser outside.
    The combined unit bid is for a XL14c and the split unit is a XR13 compressor and XR80 furnace. The bid is for $7121 and $6738 respectively.

My father in law recently had his unit replaced in Arkansas and paid $5500 for an XL16.

My question is, does this bid seem reasonable?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 05:38 AM
    No way to tell. Get at least one more competitive bid from another dealer. That way you can see if they are both in the ballpark. You could get three bids which will really narrow it down.
    corydec Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Different areas of the country have different prices due to cost of living . Sounds like your father in law got a hell of a deal though
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 04:42 PM
    The both sound a little high to me but I work much cheaper than most. Just make sure which ever way you go you get someone with a good reputation, maybe ask for referances from the installers past customers,, the equipment is only are good as the good installation,, sloppy work means junky equipment
    airfor you Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rjnolen1
    I live in Charlotte, NC and recently received a bid for replacing the system for my house. I have two systems - one that is a combined heater and condenser and the other that is split with the heat pump in the attic and the condenser outside.
    The combined unit bid is for a XL14c and the split unit is a XR13 compressor and XR80 furnace. The bid is for $7121 and $6738 respectively.

My father in law recently had his unit replaced in Arkansas and paid $5500 for an XL16.

My question is, does this bid seem reasonable?

Depends on the location and ease of the indoor unit... if you are still interested my company would be willing to come out and do a free estimate for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

Smoke extract system & staircase press. System [ 2 Answers ]

I am working for a 35 storey tower. There are smoke extract and staircase/lift lobby pressurisation system in case of fire. Now consultant has already given the CFM required for these Fans, but I have to submit the calculations for the same to the Local Govt. authority. So please help me if...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search