Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 08:22 AM
    NK, I said you guys were "mocking Republicans coming to the defense of Joe the Plumber," not smearing him. You might read before reacting, even your own words when you equated my "opposition to Sotomayor" with the smear tactics of the left. I haven't smeared her and your links to what others say has no bearing on what I've said about her.

I don't know why you keep trying to make us look foolish, it always backfires on you. Perhaps you enjoy wearing egg on your face.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 08:42 AM
    The smear tactics of the left, the smear tactics of the right, is there really any difference?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    If only I was a

Latina woman, but I'm only a guy I certainly don't have the ability to make decisions with the same level of ability and empathy as Judge Sonia Sotomayor.
    Hello El:

Nahhh, El. You're not just a guy. You're a JEW. I don't know why, but JEWS are endowed with the ability and empathy to understand the law better than any other group. That's just so. You know it, and I know it.

So, if JEWS can do it, why not another group?

You're a historian. You're going to tell me that JEWS know more about the law because of something that happened in our background. Kind of like we're good with money, because that's what we were relegated to... So, if JEWS can be good with money because of something that JEWS experienced, why can't Latinos be good or better at something than a member of a group who HASN'T experienced the same stuff they have??

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The smear tactics of the left, the smear tactics of the right, is there really any difference?
    I commented on smears and you smeared me personally, so you tell me.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I commented on smears and you smeared me personally, so you tell me.
    Oh dear Steve-O, you're making stuff up again. Log off and enjoy life away from the computer.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Oh dear Steve-O, you're making stuff up again. Log off and enjoy life away from the computer.
    NK, try being relevant to the discussion for a change.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 10:13 AM

What a trooper! "Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor broke her ankle Monday morning in an airport stumble, then boarded her flight to Washington as scheduled and made the roughly hourlong trip to Washington to meet with senators who will vote on her confirmation. She even stopped at the White House Monday after her arrival in Washington, before heading to a local medical office for an x-ray. She will keep her six appointments with senators despite the injury." (AP)
    Remember what happened to Gwen Ifill when she started getting heat about her book and if she should be the moderator of the VP debate ?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Remember what happened to Gwen Ifill when she started getting heat about her book and if she should be the moderator of the VP debate ?
    I do! It all ended being all for nought. She did a fine job.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 10:19 AM

I was talking about her breaking her ankle .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 10:23 AM
    I was talking about her breaking her ankle .
    Like "break a leg," said before a play? Yes, Gwen did a great job!
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 10:26 AM

Yeah some trooper... coincidence ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 10:31 AM
    yeah some trooper ....coincidence ?
    Just a happy one.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 9, 2009, 10:45 AM

Everybody here has been reduced to playground tactics. You lose your leg to stand on when you keep going with this stuff. MY dad can beat up your dad" No my dad can beat up YOUR dad"

Let's all take a minute and grow up again.
    Now, Excon, I am usually in agreement with you but your JEW post was over the line. At least for me, maybe not for you.

Painting any group of people with one color is detrimental to any progress to be made. And shouldn't that be the goal? The common interest. It's fun to debate, but we have left the real debate long ago. Now we are just throwing punches.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 10:48 AM

Jews can talk that way to each other . Elliot will not be offended .
    It's fun to debate, but we have left the real debate long ago.
    This morning I added my 2 cents to the op (#48 ) and have yet to get a serious reply .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 11:08 AM

Hello again, c:

I wasn't being intentionally offensive and I wasn't hurling stones either. I BELIEVE what I said in my post.

What limited knowledge I have about my own history pails in comparison to Elliot. What I DO know, is that in ancient days, the handling of money was considered distasteful. It was left to the underclass to deal with - the JEWS. In those days money was called "filthy lucre" - having to do with the devil, no doubt.

Nonetheless, the JEWS learned their craft well. The banking industry was started by and is to this day run by the Jews.

The JEWS were relegated to the handling of diamonds too. Today, if you want a diamond in the US, it came through a JEW.

Wouldn't a JEW be a better person to interpret banking laws or diamond industry decisions?? He WOULD, indeed.

Therefore, a person with Sotomayor's background IS better suited to deal with certain decisions than old white men would be. It cannot be denied, although the right thinks it can, even when their own guy, Samuel Alito said virtually the same stuff, and the righty's didn't bat an eye.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 11:29 AM

That is why she needs more scrutiny . Alito never once suggested that he could make "better decisions" than another group because of his experiences or his groups experiences. I think the groups experiences are irrelevant . I think it is the individual making the call that matters and I think their experience should not trump the law.

Obama thinks so highly of this empathy thing that Alito is supposed to have. But as a Senator he did not vote to confirm him even though he admitted Alito was qualified .

But Obama doesn't think very highly of the Constitution . He addressed this in comments about the Warren Court. He said the Warren Court as liberal as it was did not go far enough because it did not take economic factors like radical redistribution into consideration.

Jun 9, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, c:

I wasn't being intentionally offensive and I wasn't hurling stones either. I BELIEVE what I said in my post.

What limited knowledge I have about my own history pails in comparison to Elliot. What I DO know, is that in ancient days, the handling of money was considered distasteful. It was left to the underclass to deal with - the JEWS. In those days money was called "filthy lucre" - having to do with the devil, no doubt.

Nonetheless, the JEWS learned their craft well. The banking industry was started by and is to this day run by the Jews.

The JEWS were relegated to the handling of diamonds too. Today, if you want a diamond in the US, it came through a JEW.

Wouldn't a JEW be a better person to interpret banking laws or diamond industry decisions??? He WOULD, indeed.

Therefore, a person with Sotomayor's background IS better suited to deal with certain decisions than old white men would be. It cannot be denied, although the right thinks it can, even when their own guy, Samuel Alito said virtually the same stuff, and the righty's didn't bat an eye.

excon
    I see where you are coming from. I'm feeling better, thank you.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 11:37 AM
    But Obama doesn't think very highly of the Constitution . He addressed this in comments about the Warren Court. He said the Warren Court as liberal as it was did not go far enough because it did not take economic factors like radical redistribution into consideration.
    More misdirection:
    Scarborough falsely claimed Obama said the Warren Court was "not, quote, 'radical enough' " | Media Matters for America
    Joe Scarborough falsely claimed that, during a 2001 radio interview, Sen. Barack Obama said that "the Warren Court was not, quote, 'radical enough.' " In fact, Obama didn't say the Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren was not "radical enough." Scarborough also falsely claimed that during the interview Obama said "the Warren Court did not go far enough, that actually one of the great tragedies was there was no redistribution of wealth." In fact, the "traged[y]" Obama identified during the interview was that the civil rights movement relied too much on the courts in its efforts to bring about political and economic justice.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 11:43 AM

It is on video tape.

Jun 9, 2009, 11:45 AM

Hey righties, you got to find another fault. That one statement has been beat to death. As I said once before, what else you got?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search