Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ketch22 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jun 23, 2010, 06:32 AM

I agree...
    Donna Mae II Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Jun 24, 2010, 01:51 AM

God doesn't abandon anyone, it is us who abandon Him. He is always there for us, all He asks of us is to do His will.

When we obey the will of God, and we are baptized into Christ (because it is through His blood and water that we are saved), we are cleansed of our sins.

I am wondering where in the Bible it says that we are automatically cleansed of all our future sins. Yes we have forgiveness of the sins we are still committing, but that is through repentance. It doesn't make any sense, if all of our future sins are already forgiven, why are we told to repent?

God said to, "Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." How can we remain faithful even to the point of death if we commit suicide? If we are faithful Christians, then we know that God is always there for us and He will not let us suffer more than we can stand.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
    "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If any one destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."

I really think that we need to be very careful how we answer someone's question. Telling someone; who may be thinking of taking their own life; that if they have accepted Jesus in their heart, that they can destroy God's temple and not go to hell. I wouldn't want this on my concience. Hell is a very real, and a very horrible place.

Don't take what any of us tell you as truth, including me, find out for yourself. Pray for God to guide you and to give you understanding, then read and study God's word. God's word is the truth.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 06:18 AM

Donna Mae,

I gave you a perfectly good verse to prove all of our sins are covered.

The blood of Jesus Christ, his son cleanses us from ALL sin. Doesn't ALL mean ALL?

Salvation is a gift you either accept or reject. There are no strings attached. I can't earn it, I can't lose it and I'm not relying on ME in anyway to keep myself saved. The bible is so clear on this... Salvation is of the LORD.

Having said that, I answered the OP's question. It was asked in 2008 by the way ( just noticed that) and I am not in any way encouraging, or suggesting suicide is a good, right, moral or a noble thing to do. I'm just answering the question. ALL sin is covered under the blood of Jesus if someone is a true believer. Sometimes people need to hear this because they KNOW someone who committed the act and they need to have peace about their loved ones eternal soul.

Anyway, this is what makes Christianity so different from every other religion in the world. It is a free GIFT.
    Donna Mae II Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Jun 24, 2010, 08:49 AM

All does mean all, and at the time of my baptism all of my sins were washed away. But future sins are wiped away when we repent and sin no more. We are to be living as Christ. Even an angel sinning against God, will be sent to hell.
    Satan was one of God's angels.

Classy, my comment was not directed at you. My comment was for Ceasefire. I don't want to argue with anyone, I just want everyone to read God's word and see for themselves. We can learn everything we need to know from the Bible.
    ladysilver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 09:47 PM
    On the subject of suicide I say read St. Mark 3:28-29. Along with St. Matthew 7:1 Let us try to remember Love, Maybe if we could try l bit hard to do what our Father commanded us to do in the Old Testament (the ten commandment) and then in the New Testament where we are told to Love our neighbor as ourselves lets Pray more and stay away from the flesh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suicide [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Now don't go getting all soppy on me. I ain't about to cash in my chips any time soon. However, I DO want to be the one who decides when the time is right. Why shouldn't I be able to? I'm talking about doing this when my body tells me it's time, not because I'm depressed. Or,...

The Unforgivable Sin? [ 68 Answers ]

I know there are many different nominations and beliefs and opinions about the subject of sin. So here goes. Have any of you heard about the UNFORGIVABLE SIN? If you have exactly what is this unforgivable sin. At the same time I thought all sin can be forgiven? What is your take? Joe

Suicide [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I just read about this poor 85 year old lady who has lost control over her own life. What an undignified way to go! I wouldn't want to end it that way - and I'm not going to. I'll decide when it's over. Tell me why I should end up crapping in my pants. Do you crap your pants? ...

Unforgivable or Unpardonable Sin [ 20 Answers ]

Hi I was in church a few weeks ago and they where talking about the Unforgivable or Unpardonable Sin ! Now I have my own view's on this but would be intrested to hear other people's view regards this, do you agree yes or no that there is such a sin! "...an eternal sin... never forgiven."...

Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the...

View more questions Search