jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2019, 05:39 PM
    The boyfriends all know each other?
    What??
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 07:12 AM
    Even if a female knows or has a good idea of who fathers their children, what's the likelihood they would tell that to anyone they think will hassle them, or the fathers by revealing those facts. Right or wrong SELF preservation is a compelling argument, as is the FEAR of what comes next. You can rant and rave about "I don't know", but what can you really do about it? Compel compliance by forcing a confession of sexual partners of unmarried women? Is not the priority to help or not, AFTER the deed is done? If you choose NOT to, then who will?

Thank God government is not as subjective to the practical side of human behavior.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 08:42 AM
    Even if a female knows or has a good idea of who fathers their children, what's the likelihood they would tell that to anyone they think will hassle them, or the fathers by revealing those facts. Right or wrong SELF preservation is a compelling argument, as is the FEAR of what comes next. You can rant and rave about "I don't know", but what can you really do about it? Compel compliance by forcing a confession of sexual partners of unmarried women? Is not the priority to help or not, AFTER the deed is done? If you choose NOT to, then who will?
    You are trying to make the case that if a person makes a mistake, then the rest of us are morally, even legally obligated to support them in their mistake, even if they continue to repeat that mistake. If I accept that premise, then I could say that if a person purchases an expensive home and then finds out he/she cannot pay the mortgage, then the rest of us are obligated to make up the difference. Same thing would apply to any debt. If a person robs a bank and goes to jail, then the rest of us are obligated, I suppose, to spend part of that person's time in jail for them. If I am driving recklessly and wreck my car, then the rest of us must help pay for a new car. Well no, I don't agree with that outlook, and I find that those who advocate for that also don't bother to lift any standard of moral conduct and suggest that buying a house you can't afford, breaking the law, driving recklessly, and yes, sleeping around with anyone and everyone, should be held as foolish behavior and morally unacceptable.

When Jesus forgave the woman caught in adultery, he left her with these parting words. "Go, and sin no more." That said two things. Yes, you are forgiven, but what you did was a sin before God and therefore unacceptable. That being the case, you need to stop that activity.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 09:43 AM
    You are trying to make the case that if a person makes a mistake, then the rest of us are morally, even legally obligated to support them in their mistake, even if they continue to repeat that mistake.
    The "mistake " is a child whom you refuse to allow to be aborted once the woman realizes she's pregnant, yet you refuse to have anything to do with giving that child love and financial support once it has been born. At least, PP offers low-cost counseling and birth control to help these women avoid another unwanted pregnancy.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 09:52 AM
    The "mistake " is a child whom you refuse to allow to be aborted once the woman realizes she's pregnant, yet you refuse to have anything to do with giving that child love and financial support once it has been born. At least, PP offers low-cost counseling and birth control to help these women avoid another unwanted pregnancy.
    You are wrong on several counts.

1. I clearly said the mistake was to sleep around with anyone and everyone. I never suggested the child was the mistake. In fact, between the two of us, I'm the only one who supports the right of the child to live in the womb.
    2. You say that I refuse to allow the child to be aborted. Why didn't you say "we". You thus show yet again that your objection to abortion seems to be more words than anything else.
    3. I am perfectly ready to give support to the mom and her child. I am not prepared to force other Americans to do so. That is your brand of charity, not mine.
    4. PP is first and foremost an abortion provider. Birth control is already about as low cost as it can get. Your defense of PP would seem to show yet again your actual support of the abortion culture.
    5. I notice you didn't comment on the point of those who repeatedly get pregnant out of wedlock. If they were to read your comments, they would likely get the idea that what they were doing is fine.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 10:21 AM
    I think you mix YOUR religious rights with the legal function of government. The government is for all not just one religion. While you may not like the function of government, the government over rules any religious law of any religion, not just YOURS. While you are free to practice as you believe your beliefs, you cannot make others practice what YOU believe. That doesn't mean you cannot try to win others, but you cannot take them by force. That's just the law of the land, and right or wrong that's how the government of us all is structured.

Would you really deny bread to a women with out of wedlock kids? Of course you wouldn't. So what do you propose the government does with her?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 13, 2019, 10:24 AM
    What's your feelings about tearing down the Wall? A wall already exists, it is a reality. You will have to go all the way and try to convince people that the wall needs to be Torn Down...not going to be easy, but it is the only way you will prevent the future from extending the wall any further.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 10:24 AM
    If they were to read your comments, they would likely get the idea that what they were doing is fine.
    I beg to differ but the deed is done... NOW WHAT?
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 10:30 AM
    I think you mix YOUR religious rights with the legal function of government. The government is for all not just one religion. While you may not like the function of government, the government over rules any religious law of any religion, not just YOURS. While you are free to practice as you believe your beliefs, you cannot make others practice what YOU believe. That doesn't mean you cannot try to win others, but you cannot take them by force. That's just the law of the land, and right or wrong that's how the government of us all is structured.
    First of all, I'm always amused when someone says, "While you are free to practice as you believe your beliefs, you cannot make others practice what YOU believe." It's amusing because, of course, you are trying to make me practice what YOU believe. And it's even funnier since most people just can't seem to see or accept that.

As for me, I don't intend to, but then on the other hand, I don't want you to enforce you moral ideas on the rest of us either by making us pay for what other people are doing. That truth needs to be for you as much as for me.

Would you really deny bread to a women with out of wedlock kids? Of course you wouldn't. So what do you propose the government does with her?
    No, but on the other hand I would also not support a culture of sexual carelessness and abortion on demand the way you seem to do. And before I give her bread, I'd want to know if she was working and the father(s) of her children was working and supporting his children.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    What's your feelings about tearing down the Wall? A wall already exists, it is a reality. You will have to go all the way and try to convince people that the wall needs to be Torn Down...not going to be easy, but it is the only way you will prevent the future from extending the wall any further.
    I was against a fence before there was one, I got out voted and a fence we have. I can only accept that reality. If a wall is built, I can onlt accept that reality. Maybe someday they will tear down the walls and fences, they did in Germany, but until then we accept them or go around them like any other man made obstacle for whatever purpose they were built for.

What man builds doesn't always last.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 10:34 AM
    Maybe someday they will tear down the walls and fences, they did in Germany,
    Yes, they tore down the wall in Germany when the two German states were united into one. Are you suggesting we combine the U.S. and Mexico into one country?
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    First of all, I'm always amused when someone says, "While you are free to practice as you believe your beliefs, you cannot make others practice what YOU believe." It's amusing because, of course, you are trying to make me practice what YOU believe. And it's even funnier since most people just can't seem to see or accept that.

As for me, I don't intend to, but then on the other hand, I don't want you to enforce you moral ideas on the rest of us either by making us pay for what other people are doing. That truth needs to be for you as much as for me.

No, but on the other hand I would also not support a culture of sexual carelessness and abortion on demand the way you seem to do. And before I give her bread, I'd want to know if she was working and the father(s) of her children was working and supporting his children.
    You are funny too. I force you to do nothing but what if her answers are not what you like, will you deny woman and child bread and milk?

Yes, they tore down the wall in Germany when the two German states were united into one. Are you suggesting we combine the U.S. and Mexico into one country?
    God already combined them. It is man who separates them.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 11:43 AM
    You are funny too. I force you to do nothing
    Of course you do. You said I could not impose my beliefs on others. Now in saying that, you are demonstrating your belief that it is wrong to impose your beliefs on others. That is your belief, and you are imposing it upon the rest of us.

God already combined them. It is man who separates them.
    What??
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 11:53 AM
    Of course you do. You said I could not impose my beliefs on others. Now in saying that, you are demonstrating your belief that it is wrong to impose your beliefs on others. That is your belief, and you are imposing it upon the rest of us.
    Nice dodge of the question with accusing me of forcing my beliefs on you. You expressed yourself and so did I no force we are doing so freely aren't we? Sorry you feel oppressed. Now back to the question please.

What??
    Find a map and erase the lines of men and what's left?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 11:54 AM
    1. I clearly said the mistake was to sleep around with anyone and everyone. I never suggested the child was the mistake. In fact, between the two of us, I'm the only one who supports the right of the child to live in the womb.
    From everything you've posted, yes, getting pregnant and having a child out of wedlock is the mistake. That comes down to, the child is the mistake.
    2. You say that I refuse to allow the child to be aborted. Why didn't you say "we". You thus show yet again that your objection to abortion seems to be more words than anything else.
    I believe abortion can be done in a God-affirming way. The decision should be made together by the mother, father if he's anywhere around, and medical personnel.
    3. I am perfectly ready to give support to the mom and her child. I am not prepared to force other Americans to do so. That is your brand of charity, not mine.
    That's very unselfish. What happens to the other millions of babies that you can't support or don't even know about? Yet you pay taxes to support the VA (Trump says he'll end that), the food stamp program (another program that will soon disappear), and public schools (All children should attend Christian schools and their parents should pay tuition???). Before long, you won't have to pay ANY taxes! Yay!
    4. PP is first and foremost an abortion provider. Birth control is already about as low cost as it can get. Your defense of PP would seem to show yet again your actual support of the abortion culture.
    You are incorrect. Abortion is very far down the list of services they provide to low-income women. Their main services are prevention of pregnancy and women's health.
    5. I notice you didn't comment on the point of those who repeatedly get pregnant out of wedlock. If they were to read your comments, they would likely get the idea that what they were doing is fine.
    Huh? Was I supposed to? Let's talk about WHY they get pregnant out of wedlock....
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 12:02 PM
    From everything you've posted, yes, getting pregnant and having a child out of wedlock is the mistake. That comes down to, the child is the mistake.
    Having sex outside of marriage is the mistake. I've been plain about that. The man is as guilty as the woman.

I believe abortion can be done in a God-affirming way.
    So explain to us how you can kill an unborn child in a God-affirming way. If you do so, don't try to dodge the fact that you are killing the child.

That's very unselfish. What happens to the other millions of babies that you can't support or don't even know about?
    I would suggest we go back to a culture of men and women having sex (and babies) within the confines of marriage. Again, a very simple solution that worked in this country for many, many decades.

You are incorrect. Abortion is very far down the list of services they provide to low-income women. Their main service is prevention of pregnancy.
    They perform more than 300 thousand abortions a year. You are kidding yourself.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 12:17 PM
    The government created welfare for all those females that made mistakes, or those marriages didn't work out that well. What do we do with those in that circumstance who don't meet your Christian test? According to you that's WRONG, and for YOU to decide by YOUR standards.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 12:19 PM
    The government created welfare for all those females that made mistakes, or those marriages didn't work out that well. What do we do with those in that circumstance who don't meet your Christian test? According to you that's WRONG, and for YOU to decide by YOUR standards.
    No. I am saying that people make decisions and they need to live with their decisions. It is not for you, according to your own profession, to force your belief on other people and compel them to support someone else. You are the one who said we should not do that. Have you changed your mind?
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 12:21 PM
    They perform more than 300 thousand abortions a year. You are kidding yourself.
    So shut down ALL the services they proved for the one small one you are against. Passing judgement and punishment. It's you who kid yourself.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 12:23 PM
    one small one
    300 thousand dead children a year. I have no idea in what way any person can call that "small". The difference is this. You don't care about the one million children a year killed in abortion. I do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New Mexico estate question for who gets paid first [ 22 Answers ]

My mother passed away in September 2013. She had a home with a mortgage, no medical bills, TONS of "stuff" (I would have to call it hoarding), 2 credit card bills (one very small, one about $1700). I have a brother and there was a will. She willed everything to us to split evenly. I am the...

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is __ [ 2 Answers ]

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is ______. A) natural boundary, man made. B) river, the ocean. C)lake, a natural boundary. D)river, a line of longitude.

View more questions Search