Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Jul 22, 2010, 05:07 AM

I just received an email from AskMeHelpDesk, that someone responded to this old thread, last used 10/08, but when I clicked the link, there was no new posting listed in this thread.

Got the same email about the same person on another old thread. Same deal.

"rcmz003 has just answered a question you have subscribed to entitled "Reformatting to Speed Up PC" in the Computers for Beginners topic of Ask Me Help Desk."

Does anyone know why?

Thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchsc View Post
    I just received an email from AskMeHelpDesk, that someone responded to this old thread, last used 10/08, but when I clicked the link, there was no new posting listed in this thread.

Got the same email about the same person on another old thread. Same deal.

"rcmz003 has just answered a question you have subscribed to entitled "Reformatting to Speed Up PC" in the Computers for Beginners topic of Ask Me Help Desk."

Does anyone know why?

Thanks
    AMHD is having a bit of trouble with the system. Many emails were sent out. Sorry for the inconvinience. There is a sticky related to this at the top of the boards.

Jul 22, 2010, 01:18 PM

Thanks CDad for the clarification...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 03:41 PM

That user rcmz003 was posting a spam link in all post he posted and was reported, so I take it you got an email as that was his reply to a registry app download page

Jul 22, 2010, 07:08 PM

Seahwk,

When you say "a registry app download page", do you mean that he downloaded something that got into my registry?

Is there something I need to do on my PC to clean it?

Thanks for the info...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 09:30 PM

No, he was posting a link to download a paid software, was spamming posts with the same message with a download link to some registry app which required purchase.

No help offered to anyone, just same link in all his post with same message.

Jul 23, 2010, 06:15 AM

Oh, that's a relief.

Thanks...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reformatting xp - cannot boot from xp cd. [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to reformat a home xp system. Computer will not boot from xp cd, but rather keeps restarting after I hit any key. Used F12 to highlight cd, then any key. Still restarts. Back to F12 shows it needs to be reset again. Redirect to cd, says hit any key. When done, it restarts...

Reformatting [ 5 Answers ]

How do I reformat my computer?

No sound after reformatting the computer [ 2 Answers ]

I recently reformatted my computer And everything works properly on my computer but there is no sound at all Even when I turn the computer on, there is no sound And I checked several times if the speaker is not connected Properly.. Motherboard ID <DMI> Dell Inc. Dimension 8400 Intel...

Reformatting hd and installing different OS [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all--wasn't sure where to put this question, so I opted for this forum. Sorry if it's the wrong place. I want to reformat my hard drive (with Windows XP Home) and install a Win2000Pro upgrade over Win98. And yes, I've thought about it and it's really what I want to do! :p The computer...

Acsess 2nd drive without reformatting [ 8 Answers ]

I somehow locked Myself out of My 2nd drive And I thought I could restore security settings to default by formatting and reinstalling Windows XP Professional SP2 . I was wrong . Now it looks as if the 2nd drive is empty and when I try to access it Im told it is not formatted . Is there a way...

View more questions Search