Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    His situation isnt unique if you have read other marriage scam reports here. This information on how to report marriage fraud is from EHow.com. It includes the number to call, but also tips you should be aware of as well. Some of this information may not apply to him, but essentially is about marriage fraud.

Identify separated spouses. Certain knowledge that a marriage is fraudulent and exists only to gain a residency for a foreign national is hard to come by. But one of the surest signs is when the spouses do not live together. A marriage in which one spouse, a foreign citizen, lives at another address should arouse particular suspicion of marriage fraud.

Identify a suspicious marriage. Besides separated spouses, other indicators of a suspicious marriage include those between people of markedly different age, class, religion, culture or education.

Report a fraudulent marriage to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (I.C.E.). Call I.C.E. at (866) 347-2423 with as much specific information as possible.

Tips & Warnings

Reporting a suspicious couple will likely lead to both spouses being interviewed by a fraud officer. If fraud is detected, the foreign national could be deported, and the case could result in criminal charges.
    Reporting marriage fraud should not be done frivolously. Not only is it a waste of valuable resources, but it can potentially cause hardship for a legitimate couple. Not every unusual couple is engaged in a fraud.

tick

Hi Tick - excellent advice. Also note that this "might" turn into a marriage; at the time it's a courtship (however strange it sounds to me).

As far as frivolous reports - very well said. I also understand that anonymous complaints/reports are not investigated if this is occurring in the US and if it's a false report and there is a reason for the false report (ex-husband, ex-boyfriend) the person reporting the fraud can be charged.
    cynbyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 03:22 PM

You are a great friend... but nothing you say will change his mind about her now... just wait... offer your support. This doesn't look good at all but your are on the outside looking in.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If you are determined not to mind your own business here is the info: Immigration Fraud > Report Other Fraud > Immigration Fraud
    Could be the OP has a little jealousy issue going on here...

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband has all-night talks alone with woman friend [ 45 Answers ]

My husband frequently spends all night talking alone to a woman friend of ours. After everyone else has gone to bed, they stay up "talking" sometimes until sunrise. They say they enjoy talking to each other. He swears his loyalty to me and says there is nothing sexual. She says she values my...

Involved with a married woman [ 78 Answers ]

Hi, I had been single for the past two years after a very bad relationship until I met a woman 10 years older then me and married, we just clicked, it was obvious we both liked each other straight away. She was upfront about being married from the start, I'd never normally get involved with...

Do you allow your woman to have male friend who gives gifts to her [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together off and on for two years the break ups have been my fault she is a great and wonderful woman. We broke up a month ago and I left while I was gone she took the kids to a fair and talk to a vender who she knew in passing because he purchases product from her...

Men becoming aggressive and violent when they get involved with another woman [ 1 Answers ]

What is behind men's thinking when they turn aggressive and violent towards the current girlfriend or current wife when they get involved with another woman?

Friend involved with married man [ 1 Answers ]

Hi In the past several months, I have suspected one of my best friends having an affair with her boss, who is by the way married. I saw all the signs, but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. She has been involved with a married man before and she swore she would never do something like...

View more questions Search