Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyf View Post
    Thanks! It's either a regular UA or UA-EtG. I had read about all this "inhalation" stuff and false positives so was worried about that.
    Keep that in mind. Make sure you are adequately hydrated so as to avoid incidental exposure. Otherwise the hair treatment should not influence a
    UA. Once again wishing you the best. You have certainly been exceptionally attentive to detail in attempting to be compliant.
    Billyf Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Will do. I do worry about dilution to. If you are at or below 10, it's an automatic positive.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyf View Post
    Will do. I do worry about dilution to. If you are at or below 10, it's an automatic positive.
    That is an administrative decision... not scientific. It is possible for Cre to be under 10 but very, very unusual. If you have been testing in normal range I would discount this possibility.

*20 is a reference value. <20 is questionable, but not definitive.
    Billyf Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 07:44 AM
    So I drank a lot of water throughout the day (about 3-4 large glasses in the morning, and then a regular sized bottle at 2 PM and one at about 5ish, with a little bit here and there throughout the day). I had whole grain waffles in the morning, then a hummus-tomato sandwich and a yogurt for lunch, and a couple of granola-peanut butter bars after 2. I did give a UA sample for what I think is just a regular UA test at about 6:30. The sample was, again, very clear. (Much clearer than later in the evening). Even when I submitted it the guy who marked the temperature (the bottle was warm), looked at it strange and when I asked him if it was too clear he just said, it should be okay. As this is my last UA (my discharge appointment is next Thursday), I'm a little worried about the possibility of dilution. You can tell from my line of questions that I tend to obsess about these kinds of things, but I just want this to be done with. My understanding is that dilution would require A LOT of water (much more than the above) and no food and that they want to see if someone is specifically attempting to tamper with his sample.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Brown hair with a tint of ginger , Might go a dark ash blonde , will it go ginger? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello , I'v got lightish brown hair that's got a bit of ginger in it. I'm thinking of going a dark ash blonde? Will it go the colour I want , or ginger? X

Herb ginger [ 1 Answers ]

I had a colonostrophy, and the colon was dark because of taking laxatives. In your opinion, does taking about 2 ginger capsules daily, could that contribute to turning the colon dark. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search