Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Which is what I said.

Now this is turning circular, because as I pointed out, the true Messiah and the gospel is validated only by the resurrected Christ.

1 Cor 15:13-15
    13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
    NKJV
    Which doesn't answer the question asked in the OP. If the question were about the Resurrected Christ, I would have posted the same verse.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Which doesn't answer the question asked in the OP. If the question were about the Resurrected Christ, I would have posted the same verse.
    So you are effectively saying then, that the Christ on the crucifix is not the resurrected Christ.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 7, 2008, 07:10 AM

The question itself (why is christ still left on the crucifix
    Jesus had been crucified for very short span yet why is he portrayed as the one attached to the crucifix?), is not worded very well. But I understand what they're getting at: jesus was quickly crucified, then put in the grave. And if you believe as christains do, that he was resurrected, and lives, then the crucifix portrays what he was, and not what he is.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs View Post
    the question itself (why is christ still left on the crucifix
    Jesus had been crucified for very short span yet why is he protrayed as the one attached to the crucifix?), is not worded very well. but i understand what they're getting at: jesus was quickly crucified, then put in the grave. and if you believe as christains do, that he was resurrected, and lives, then the crucifix portrays what he was, and not what he is.
    You would rather we forget the Crucifixion?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 06:42 PM

Obvious poster is only wanting to argue, and not discussing issue,

Many posts not addressing actual issue and question

Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the meaning of christ in hebrew [ 23 Answers ]

What is the meaning (definition) of christ in hebrew

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

Casket crucifix [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a crucifix at a yard sale. I was told it was a crucifix from a casket. I am reluctant to bring it into my house until I know its safe from unwanted spirits. My questions are... can spirits, good or bad, attach themselves to a religious object? Should I have it blessed? Any help will be...

Words of Christ Book [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether a book with ONLY the words of Christ, As are provided in the Bible red letter editions. A book with only The Words of Christ and their Bible locations.

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search