Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2024, 02:02 AM
    Thoughts on the coming Presidential debates
    Trump has been calling for debates since March . Clueless Joe did not respond until yesterday .There is only one reason for this shift .His campaign is risking him leaving the safety of the basement because he is desperate to change the narrative . He masked it with bravado .

(1) Joe Biden on X: "Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then, he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal. https://t.co/AkPmvs2q4u" / X (twitter.com)

Poll after poll shows that he is losing in key swing states The compliant press is having a hard time defending his record and may be ready to throw him under the bus.

Trump still has a 'never Trump' problem in the GOP . Tuesday's primaries showed there is still a significant part of the GOP that is willing to jump ship or be no shows in November .(Nikki got 31% in Maryland ;18% in Nebraska ;9.5% in WV) . Maybe had he participated in the GOP debates he could've put any GOP opposition away.

Both Trump and Joe want the exclude the 3rd party candidates in any debate they participate in .So they are going to skip the Commission on Presidential Debates format . They both realize that the Commission's format doesn't work ;especially given the reality that early voting is here to stay. The Commission's debates were scheduled in the Fall ;long after early voting begins and people have made up their mind .
    The Commission has done a poor job in controlling the debaters ;the partisan audience in attendance, and the moderators and both candidates know it.

I'm surprised Trump proposed a CNN and ABC moderated debate and shocked he would agree to allowing them the authority to cut off his mike.

It is not clear yet what the rules are so I don't know how that will work . Joe's camp believe that Trump's uncontrollable and that comes will come out clear in debates to their advantage .

Trump believes that Clueless Joe cannot stay on script and will likely make a major error . They may give Joe that special juice that keeps him awake past bed time; but he also appears as if he has been dipping into Hunter's stash when that happens .

Trump wants more debates than 2 ;and to have at least one in a large gathering . That works to his strengths and Joe will likely decline that .

My preference would be to have a series of debates in the Lincoln-Douglas format .
    (A single topic is debated One debater argues the affirmative side and one debater argues the negative side.)
    But I fear Americans in the 21st century do not have the attention span and would quickly lose interest .
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2024, 04:00 AM
    CNN is now backtracking about Kennedy. They claim that if he meets a criteria of a 15% showing in national polls that he is in. Both Trump and Joe's campaign insist that CNN had already agreed to the 1 on 1 format .

“President Biden made his terms clear for two one-on-one debates, and Donald Trump accepted those terms,” campaign chair Jen O’Malley Dillon said in a statement. “No more games. No more chaos, no more debate about debates.”

A Trump campaign official said a CNN producer had given assurances in a call Wednesday morning that “RFK will not be on the stage,” after describing the criteria for the event.
    Biden and Trump agree to CNN debate in June, ABC faceoff in September - The Washington Post
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 16, 2024, 04:24 AM
    I would think that Kennedy has no chance of hitting 15%. If he does, then Biden is even toastier than he appears to be now.

I'm already quite certain that Trump will be a major disappointment. He has no ability to discipline himself and will come across as being his usual unprepared self. In this case, however, Biden will likely come across as the washed-up, senile, dottering old timer that he is, and that will be enough for Trump to appear to have "won".
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2024, 04:53 AM
    Barring delays or appeals ,it appears that one of Joe's talking points will be muted or diluted going into the debate .

By all accounts ;even by Dem compliant press ; the case against Trump in the hush money trial is a bust . It may even end with a dismissal before the defense makes it's case . Now in it's 5th week ;prosecution has not yet stated directly what crime (statutes ) Trump criminally violated .

But on top of that ; a combo of Hunter Biden trials are scheduled to begin in the weeks before the June 27 debate.

The topic of the Biden Crime family came up in the 2020 debates.

At the time Quid said that Hunter did nothing wrong ;made no money from Ukraine and China; that “50 former national intelligence folks” called the laptop and the charge against Hunter Russian disinformation ,and he knew nothing about Hunter's business.........all damn lies !

After the compliant press and social media collaborated in a coverup ,we now know the laptop was real ;Hunter made money from influence peddling in Ukraine ,Russia ,and China ; that Quid collaborated ,often with direct discussions with Hunter's partners and clients ;and that the Biden crime family had a web of shell companies to hide the transactions. That is what the tax evasion charges against Hunter are all about.

This time Trump has the proof of his 2o2o claims about the Biden Crime Family .......if he doesn't do something stupid (that discipline thing )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Up Coming Debates [ 4 Answers ]

I heard on TV that there will be a couple of televised debates upcoming before the Michigan(?) or Nevada(?) or So.Carolina, elections, but I didn't write down the dates. Can anyone tell me when these debates are? I feel certain both debates are this coming week. Cordially, :)

US Presidential Election Process. Thoughts? [ 35 Answers ]

Hi all, With the US elections beginning to get into full swing I wanted to ask you intelligent people here what your thoughts are on the whole process. As most of you know I come from Australia and we have a Westminster System. I am not completely familiar with the US system as I have not...

Debates galore! [ 31 Answers ]

This is a discussion purely for arguing with each other. Do whatever, just be a good sport about it. Second question: "Should you go out of your way to help people who bury their own graves?" Here would be an example of the preceding question: "A person drinks, does all sorts of drugs,...

Input: When Debates Erupt [ 29 Answers ]

Ok, let's hear y'all's input. Asker asks for opinions and users give them. ... then members get into a debate over who's right and who's wrong (remember, the asker is asking for opinions). Recognizing the goal of the site to be a repository of answers, how far should these debates be...

View more questions Search