Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2024, 05:59 AM
    CNN's Fareed Zakaria sees the writing on the wall.
    His commentary suggests that baring something unseen ;he sees a Trump victory in the election .He cites polling numbers and the perception that Trump's prosecutions are politically motivated ;and he believes they are too .

“This happens to be true, in my opinion. I doubt the New York indictment would have been brought against a defendant whose name was not Donald Trump.”

Fareed Zakaria on Trump's chances of retaking the White House (youtube.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 13, 2024, 06:16 AM
    I can't help but wonder where the dems would be if they had started shrinking the annual budget deficits rather than exploding them. Inflation would likely be much lower, and that's the primary weakness Biden has other than his obvious mental issues.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2024, 03:28 AM
    If they shrunk the deficit that would make them conservatives. Not in their DNA . They believe they are not spending enough or taxing enough .
    Not only are they going to allow Trump's tax cuts to expire ;but they plan on introducing even more tax increases .

Biden Looks to Raise Taxes on Wealthy and Corporations to Shave Deficit - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

According to the Tax Foundation

The tax increases would substantially increase marginal tax rates on investment, saving, and work, reducing economic output by 2.2 percent in the long run, wages by 1.6 percent, and employment by 788,000 full-time equivalent jobs.
    Biden Budget Tax Proposals: Details & Analysis | Tax Foundation

He touts this with his usual lies about only taxing the rich . Everyone will feel the effects of this .

And none of the $5-7 trillion increase in taxes will do a thing to reduce the debt . His spending plans increase the debt by $16 trillion.

The Biden Tax Hike Will Likely Exceed $7 Trillion - House Committee on Ways and Means

The good news is that Zakaria is likely correct about Clueless Joe's electoral prospects (sans any cheating that goes down)

He is in denial about latest polling numbers in swing states.
    While the press doesn’t want write about it, the momentum is clearly in our favor, with polls moving towards us and away from Trump.
    Remarks by President Biden at a Campaign Reception | Palo Alto, CA | The White House

Here is the reality

Trump Leads in 5 Key States, as Young and Nonwhite Voters Express Discontent With Biden - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

A Bloomberg /Morning Consult poll has the president trailing in all swing states except Michigan .

Morning Consult | Bloomberg News Survey: Biden’s and Trump’s Ballot Performance as of April 2024

A 6 point lead in battleground states at this stage of the campaign is huge.

What the President clings to is that some polls give him a slight popular vote edge in a 2 way race where there is no Kennedy Jr /Stein /West voters siphoning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just sees me as a friend [ 7 Answers ]

I have known this girl for a number of years now, and have recently realised that I have strong feelings for her and would like to be more than friends. We are pretty good friends, meet up for lunch often and hang out together. I told her how I felt about her, but she said that she was surprised...

I didn't see the writing on the wall. This man was married and I couldn't tell. [ 10 Answers ]

I thought I had found Mr. Right... I was fooled. Long story short... I was dating this guy for about one year and 6 months and just find out he was married. Yes, we went out and great restaurants kissing and hugging, go away on trips, meet most of his friends... now the killer, been to his...

Writing on the wall. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I have just become a member of this site and I wish to tell all this story that has happened about 3 weeks ago in a brand new built house in dublin ireland. For anyone who's wondering my father built this house and has been built for one year. My fiancé and I lived in this house quite...

View more questions Search