Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2019, 05:36 AM
    There is an emergency and has been for years. Build the wall.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 04:24 PM
    The emergency is incompetence and inefficient government that no wall can fix.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2019, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The emergency is incompetence and inefficient government that no wall can fix.
    Undoubtedly, but it didn't start with Trump, and it won't end there. You need to get rid of the inefficient form of governance which relies on influence peddling and corruption
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2019, 04:55 PM
    You cannot patrol a thousand miles of border on foot. If we haven't learned anything else, we've learned that. I'm sure the government could be more efficient and competent, but a wall is the only solution I have heard of that stands a good chance of working.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You cannot patrol a thousand miles of border on foot. If we haven't learned anything else, we've learned that. I'm sure the government could be more efficient and competent, but a wall is the only solution I have heard of that stands a good chance of working.
    This is 2019. Technology rules!

And on which side of the river will you build that wall? We'll cut off our nose to spite our face?
    Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Undoubtedly, but it didn't start with Trump, and it won't end there. You need to get rid of the inefficient form of governance which relies on influence peddling and corruption
    I can't argue with the effects of Mo'Money on the elected officials.

So we won't need all those humans patrolling our border? What about under and over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    This is 2019. Technology rules!

And on which side of the river will you build that wall? We'll cut off our nose to spite our face?
    An electronic wall!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2019, 05:38 PM
    So we won't need all those humans patrolling our border? What about under and over it?
    What they are doing now without a wall is plainly not working. With a wall, they will have a much better chance.

As to an electronic wall, go check on the prisons and jails and see how many of them are using an electronic wall. It's just a pipedream.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 05:43 PM
    What they are doing now without a wall is plainly now working. With a wall, they will have a much better chance.
    Yes, it's plainly now working! Chance at what? On which side of the river would this wall be?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2019, 06:26 PM
    Yes, it's plainly now working!
    With hundreds of thousands of illegal crossings a year, I don't know how you can regard that as working.

Chance at what?
    Reducing the numbers to merely thousands rather than hundreds of thousands.

On which side of the river would this wall be?
    It would have to be our side. There are presently walls and fences at various points. Which side are they built on?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 06:36 PM
    Yes, it's plainly now working!

With hundreds of thousands of illegal crossings a year, I don't know how you can regard that as working.
    That's what YOU said.

It would have to be our side. There are presently walls and fences at various points. Which side are they built on?
    What about the river? Why would we block ourselves off from that very important waterway?
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2019, 06:43 PM
    That's what YOU said.

What about the river? Why would we block ourselves off from that very important waterway?
    If it were me I would build it up the centre of the river, has advantages like no tunnels and much more difficulty in getting to it and climbing it, also less eminent domain issues but then maybe I don't know the terrain but building it back from the river is just inviting people to cross
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2019, 06:45 PM
    Whoops. That "now" should have been "not". Good catch.

Gates? That's what prisons use, gates. Seem to work pretty well. "Gated" communities used gates. Schools surrounded by fences use... gates.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 06:54 PM
    Gates? That's what prisons use, gates. Seem to work pretty well. "Gated" communities used gates. Schools surrounded by fences use... gates.
    There are easier and cheaper ways than a wall in the middle of a river. The construction alone boggles the mind, never mind maintenance and oversight.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2019, 08:56 PM
    There are easier and cheaper ways than a wall in the middle of a river. The construction alone boggles the mind, never mind maintenance and oversight.
    What a maintenance? What oversight? No more than you spend now, and easily built using pile drivers on barges. If this boggles the mind, you are easily boggled
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    What a maintenance? What oversight? No more than you spend now, and easily built using pile drivers on barges. If this boggles the mind, you are easily boggled
    Then you move here and show us, please. I've read articles by engineers who say the cost alone would be mindboggling. And going from country to country would be horrendous.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2019, 11:14 PM
    Then you move here and show us, please. I've read articles by engineers who say the cost alone would be mindboggling. And going from country to country would be horrendous.
    I thought you had bridges and checkpoints to go from country to country so that is a different issue. The cost of any wall is mindboggling, many miles, difficult terrain but if you are going to build it, get on with it, or contract it out to the Chinese, they have wall building skills, a willing work force and you may be able to convince them to go home when the job is done
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2019, 04:41 AM
    We already have some areas that are fenced. I don't understand why you think it is such a difficult undertaking to build a wall. Move a couple of hundred yards north of the river and build the wall. Simple.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2019, 05:41 AM
    We already have some areas that are fenced. I don't understand why you think it is such a difficult undertaking to build a wall. Move a couple of hundred yards north of the river and build the wall. Simple.
    Eminent domain, access to water, not to mention you have allowed illegals on to your land
    Expert

Apr 1, 2019, 06:41 AM
    By law, migrants are NOT illegal until they have been processed. What's illegal is denying them that process. Like that stops the immigration hardliners from siding with the dufus not just about a wall, but the inhumane management of this classic issue, just as he mismanages MANY of our issues we face as a country.

The wall is but a smokescreen that the hardliners can rally around against the real issue of divide and conquer and GET PAID. Even sadder that the bible thumpers and racist coalition rally behind the side of fear and division and LIES.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2019, 10:16 AM
    The wall is but a smokescreen that the hardliners can rally around against the real issue of divide and conquer and GET PAID. Even sadder that the bible thumpers and racist coalition rally behind the side of fear and division and LIES.
    We want to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, clean and simple. Sad that in your mind that makes us "bible thumpers and racist coalition". Yet you are the guy that wants to bemoan the practice of name calling by Trump. Sounds to me like the two of you have a lot in common.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New Mexico estate question for who gets paid first [ 22 Answers ]

My mother passed away in September 2013. She had a home with a mortgage, no medical bills, TONS of "stuff" (I would have to call it hoarding), 2 credit card bills (one very small, one about $1700). I have a brother and there was a will. She willed everything to us to split evenly. I am the...

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is __ [ 2 Answers ]

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is ______. A) natural boundary, man made. B) river, the ocean. C)lake, a natural boundary. D)river, a line of longitude.

View more questions Search