Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Internet crashes when trying to print PDF from carrier site.
    As stated in the title, I have a user who prints policies from carrier sites every morning. As of late (on certain sites) Internet crashes (closes all pages & generates error) and never prints. The user has to do this 3, 4, 5 times before it eventually works.

The error just says Internet Explorer has experienced an error and needs to close. The details button reveals the following:

Error Signature --------------------------------------------
    AppName: iexplorer.exe AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 ModName: kmxl:=4443.dll
    ModVer: 4.4.4.3 Offset: 0004ef38

I have yet to check event viewer as I would need to login as Admin and the user is currently using the PC and cannot take time to logoff and let me work on it during work hours...

I disabled all add-ons and individually but it still occurs (less frequently, but still occurs)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Can the user save a local copy of the PDF and print from the stand-alone PDF app (which is likely that pig of a program called Adobe Reader)?

I use Foxit at home but in a corporate environment you likely face some restrictions in what you can use.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 09:25 AM

Yes she can save a local copy but when she has 25+ to print in the a.m. saving eachone locally and then printing is a time waster (a workaround for now, I guess)

As I stated above, it is more intermittent than before. Since disabling add-ons it only does it 15-20% of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I print a .pdf how can I print the name of the document [ 0 Answers ]

I have a lot of pdf's that will be printed out, I need a way to include the document name on the documement when it prints. Can this be done?

Adobe software locks up my computer when I try to download a pdf from a web site. [ 2 Answers ]

Adobe software locks up my computer when I try to download a pdf from a web site. I'm running Windows XP Home edition, and IE. This problem just started recently.

Internet explorer crashes when I open it [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I try to open Internet Explorer 8 it it says " Internet Explorer has stopped working, Windows will try to find a solution." It closes the program and does not give me a solution. I thought about uninstalling it , but it doesn't give me the option to. It has a couple of folders #1- En-US ...

Internet and adobe .pdf files [ 1 Answers ]

When I open a pdf from the Internet, the file opens and within 5 seconds the contents of the file disappears along with the adobe toolbar. The file is still there, but blank.

Internet explorer crashes [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me with this problem I have been looking for a solution for awhile now.OK when I boot up my :) computer everything loads fine but when I go to click on anything (start,my computer etc... ) iexplorer crashes I think it is a virus of some kind but I really don't know I would...

View more questions Search