Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bonnie313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Plumbing - Main Drain
    Our drains seem to be backed up. My husband rented a 100 foot snake yesterday and tried to snake out the sewer drains in our backyard, we have three drains. The last one (furthest form the house), is empty, the first two (closest to the house) are filled with water, almost to the top of the drain. He was able to pull out many roots and debris. He eventually got to a point where nothing else was coming out. After about 5 hours of trying to unclog them, he gave up. He let the 100 feet out in all three drains. Do you think that our drain has collapsed, or is there a chance that there is something else wrong? The drain closest top the house is made up of PVC piping and the other two are made up of the old clay piping. We don't want to have to dig up our backyard if we don't have to. Please give us any suggestions that you may have!!
    We have had continues drain problems in the past. We have to snake the drains about wice a year, we have been successful in the past, just this time what we usually do, isn't working.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bonnie
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Was he using the correct size cutter blade on the snake he ran through the clay tile?

It may also be that the root build up has grown more dense over the past year and that he wasn't able to push the root mass he was able to break up into the sanitary sewer.

It might be worth your while to have a Rooter company come out and assess the situation for you by running a camera down the drains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hissing noise in main plumbing in house [ 8 Answers ]

In the last few weeks I have noticed a steady increase in a hissing type noise coming from the pluming in my house.. from the same area where we have a water pressure control. My Neighbors recently experienced a water mains break right where it separates from the city pipes to the ones going to our...

Plumbing tie in to main in basement [ 2 Answers ]

I am adding a new bathroom in the basement. Is there a special order that toilet, lav. And shower should follow left to right 1 2 3, the left being the last fixture to the street ? What are the proper sizes I should be using to tie into 4" main with these 3 units? Can I tie and vent shower to lav,...

Main drain [ 1 Answers ]

My main sewer backed up 4 times a year. Cost me $100 every time I called the plumber. What type of chemical can I used to prevent this. I have no tree in front of house at all. Thank you in advanced

Main drain clogged - I think [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to the board, but have read several questions and responses and think you can help me. I have a one floor unit in a 4-unit condo building built in mid-1970s. Previous owner had a low-flow toilet installed at least 7 years ago. This is the toilet from hell. I have to plunge this thing at...

View more questions Search