Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    narnia96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Water pressure 3/4" versus 1/2"
    Does it make sense to run 3/4" copper lines to our new shower. we are putting in a rainhead showerhead, 4 spa jets, handheld shower and wall shower head. these showheads are controlled by 2 moen 1/2" stacked valves. Each valve will control to 2 showerheads. We were thinking of running 3/4" to the shower and then teeing from the 3/4" to the 1/2" valves. would just using the existing 1/2" lines be okay. We are on city water with 55PSI. Thanks, dan
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Check flow volume as opposed to flow pressure. Will the 1/2" give you the volume you want? Probably not.
    ToolGuy3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 06:14 AM
    Many new shower stalls and shower renovations include multiple heads and body sprays. If you use more than one spray point at a time you may well need the extra volume that the 3/4 line will provide. The shower has become a great place to relax and are trending more towards a "home spa" feel. I would upgrade to the 3/4 water line for this project as well as the larger line being a "tap in" point for any future projects. Hope this helps.
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 3, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Pressure in 1/2" line and 3/4 line are the same, Your concern would be volume, for your project you should upgrade to 3/4" as ToolGuy3 recommends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

Water pressure "hiccups" [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 months ago my kid took a shower when the power was out. We have a well that is 10 yrs old. I noticed a couple of months later that a spigot outside was left on but hooked to a garden hose with sray nozzle. Spigot has one of those "pressure relief collars" (don't kow what it is called). ...

View more questions Search