Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Aug 30, 2014, 09:47 PM
    Hot water tank advice
    Been out of plumbing business for many years and have lost touch with many new products. Remodeling my slab condo with new wood floors and new carpet, have 17 year old Bradford White hot water tank in furnace room on slab in metal pan piped into F/D and want to replace it before new floors installed. Looking for a 50 gal. gas hot water tank with 3" flue. When I was in the trade I used A.O. Smith and Bradford White mostly and had some problems with A.O. Smith on some large developments. I know many tanks under different names are made by the same manufacturer. Looking for some opinions from some of you more up to date experts on tanks that you use.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 31, 2014, 05:22 AM
    Been out of plumbing business for many years and have lost touch with many new products.
    Boy! Can I ever relate to that. I retired back in 88.
    Looking for some opinions from some of you more up to date experts on tanks
    Your asking us ton recommend a certain brand and we don't do that. That's advertising a product and AMHD has a rule against that. As a former plumber you should be able to pull up specs and make your own decision. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had no hot water but had cold water... defrosted pipe from main to hot water tank. I [ 4 Answers ]

Very cold in Ohio... 25 below... had cold water but no hot water... defrosted hot water line from attic to tank... have hot water in kitchen but no hot water in bathroom. Have the shower valve for hot water open and when I turn on the cold water in the hand sink, water comes out of the faucet in...

Header tank filling to overflow through the cold water feed pipe to hot water tank [ 0 Answers ]

My cold water tank is overflowing and after turning the water off the water seems to be coming up through the cold water pipe from the hot water tank, any idea as to what could be causing this to happen?

My hot water tank is back pressuring into my cold water tank [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody help me?? I am getting hot water going into my cold water tank, and this is causing water to come out the overflow. If I run the hot water tap it stops, and then when the hot water tank has filled again, the cold water tank overflow starts again.

Replaced a hot water tank,water is not going to the pressure tank-the pump stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you Any ideas will...

View more questions Search