Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kruzin79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 12:29 AM
    2 story plumbing
    I am building a two story home. I cannot get in contact with my plumber so I thought id as here. I have pvc drains from the bathroom upstairs running down into the food pantry into the storm water water outlet in the concrete slab. Should these pipes be exposed or covered.
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Jul 2, 2013, 05:34 AM
    If I am understanding your question right, if these bathroom PVC pipes are sanitary lines, I don't know any where that will let you run sanitary lines into storm drains, and PVC can be very noisy in walls and ceilings.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 06:14 AM
    These pipes are not traditionally "covered" as much as they might be boxed out and hidden in a pantry... otherwise, no need to cover waste pipes. If noise is a concern you can insulate the box used to hide the pipe.

Also, as noted by puffmugs, it is not common to see new construction allowing waste water to combine with rain water, so double check this with your plumber, OK?

If you have more questions juts let us know.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing qwest plumbing parts [ 3 Answers ]

We are purchasing a home. The inspector told us that the plumbing is all fitted with qwest plumbing parts we are concerned about going forward because of the information we have concerning qwest fittings. Do you have an opinion on qwest fitted homes?

Twisted love story or not-such-a-sad-story? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been going out with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years now. Its been my first long term relationship and I have learnt a lot about love. In the past I was a big flirt and was never shy around boys. I only went on dates and hada few men chasing me. (not trying to sound too big headed) But this...

Please help me : an horror story but true story [ 5 Answers ]

Please this is only 1/3 of the actual story: Hi all. I ve worked at several financial institutions , this one being a pretty large bank in America. In the years I have been there we had been going through a lot of management changes. Please note: I didn't know anyone that worked there other than...

Correctional grade plumbing how different from commercial plumbing or residential [ 3 Answers ]

Just need a little information about the difference to answer a questioner .

View more questions Search