Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Water overflow
    Can I still use washing machine when the weather is freezing outside? Is there a risk of pipes freezing while in use or pipes bursting? Should I only wash in the daytime?
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Jan 8, 2013, 01:37 PM
    Unless your washing machine is in a unheated garage or porch, I see no reason you can't use it. Need more information as to location of washing machine.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 03:13 PM
    Yup! Need more info. Here. Why the concern? Where does the washing machine drain to (septic, city sewer, out to lawn)?

Are the water pipes on an exterior wall?

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in overflow pan [ 5 Answers ]

Old hot water heater always had water in the over flow pan from the overflow tube. Replaced with new hot water heater and it's doing the same. I turned the tsat so low that there is never any hot waterafter 10 minutes of shower

What makes the dishwasher overflow valve overflow with water? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved into a house about a month ago. It has one of those overflow valves mounted on the counter by the sink. Today, while running the dishwasher, water poured out of the valve. The deal is, it runs not only in the sink, but also the other direction onto the counter and onto the floor! What is...

Water Overflow [ 2 Answers ]

I am having some issues with water over flow. I have two full bathrooms. One upstairs and one directly underneath it on the floor below. From investigation of the pipes in the basement, it appears that the kitchen sink pipes and the bathroom pipe run on the same line to the main drain. This pipe is...

View more questions Search