Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwlong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Replacing a elec cook top with gas
    A box mounted in the kitchen island has two 4 wire lines feeding the cook top. Can I cap off one the lines(abandon it) and connect the gas with the remaining line using the black and white and capping off the red?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
    The black and white should have 120 volts across when tested with a volt meter, if so, it is fine to use. However, there should a be a 2 pole circuit breaker, or two fuses, for this circuit, rated for the appliance.

It needs to be changed to a one pole breaker, or fuse, and can be rated 20 amps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing electric cook-top with a gas cook-top. 30 amp breaker to 15 amp? [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing an electric cooktop with a gas cooktop. The electric cooktop is wired to a 30 amp breaker. The gas cook-top needs a 15 amp breaker. Do I need to pull the 30 amp service and run a new line from a new 15amp breaker? There is plenty of room in the panel to do this.

I don't know how to cook at all [ 2 Answers ]

Speghetti for two people? I have mushroom, hamburger, noodles, and sauce. I just don't know how to put it together. I cook roman and the noodles are always to soggy or to hard. Can someone help me... there's not a place for food in these topics. But I LOVE italian food

Kitchen cook top [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 40 amp dedicated circuit for a cook top wired with 8-3 wire containing four wires, white, black, red and copper. The cook top I purchased has three wires, black, red and copper. Why doesen't the cook top have a white (netural) wire? And what do I do with the white wire?

Cook top [ 1 Answers ]

How do you install a cooktop and oven made by belanger?

How to cook a ham? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to cook a whole ham? How much water? Lid on or off? How do you know for how long and what temp? This is my first ham!

View more questions Search