Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tereriv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
    What is a good kitchen faucet
    What is a good kitchen faucat and can I find it at a home depot or Lowe's store
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
    I have one by Moen, and yes you can get it at Home Depot. It is the kind you don't have to touch with messy hands, using elbows or part of your arm to active hot or cold.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Hi Tereriv

Almost any NAME brand faucet will be a decent faucet nowadays! Almost all national brands have lifetime warranties and are making it pretty easy to get replacement parts.

National brands with excellent warranty/customer support include:

Moen
    Delta
    Kohler
    American Standard

Most are available at home depot or Lowe's.

Home depot brands, on the other hand, like glacier bay or pegasus, or brands like price pfister should be avoided in most cases as warranty/customer support is poor years after the faucet is purchased amd parts are hard to get/find. Eventually this should improve, but as of this time, they have yet to figure warranty/customer support as well as the other guys!

Other big name brands that are of high quality include names like Grohe and Danze, but again, replacement parts are hard to find when you need them!

Whatever faucet you do purchase, create a file and keep the receipt and the installation/parts instructions for future reference. Since these guys offer the lifetime warranty these guys hope you misplace the receipt or forget the name brand/model number. Setting them aside now will save you some time/hassle down the road, for sure!

Mark
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Nov 11, 2012, 11:52 PM
    I would recommend Moen, reasonable price, easy to repair when needed, just replace cartridge. Delta is also good, but when it needs repair you have to replace ball, 2 springs and 2 rubber washers, no big deal to fix, but I think Moen is easy and usually if you call Moen they will send you a replacement cartridge. Kohler is also good, and Grohe is one of the top of the line faucets.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
    My company used Moen valves in all of our condos and projects. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace kitchen faucet sprayer with a undersink water filter faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old kitchen kitchen faucet with attached sprayer. I want to install a Culligan undersink filter which comes with a water faucet that REPLACES the sprayer. I have very limited room under the sink to work in. I cannot even get any normal open end wrenches/adjustibles to work with limited...

7 good great reasons to replace a kitchen faucet immediately [ 2 Answers ]

Let me know at least 7 good reasons a person should replace his old kitchen faucets.

View more questions Search