Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    specialt3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 03:26 AM
    Shower leak
    My shower head leaks/drips constantly. After taking a shower it has a steady leak. So, I replaced shower head with a new shower head that has a hose. It still constantly drips. However, I noticed the drip will stop if you turn on the water at the sink or even when you flush the toilet, the shower head will stop dripping. So if I'm running water at the sink the drip will stop, that is strange! Help this constant drip is driving me crazy!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2012, 05:00 AM
    Is it the hot or cold?

U may have to replace the washer in the shower body.

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 19, 2012, 05:56 AM
    What's the brand name of your shower valve? How old? Back to you, Tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Please answer Tom, you may have problem with your cartridge, Thanks.

John

Sep 19, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by creahands View Post
    Is it the hot or cold?

U may have to replace the washer in the shower body.

Chuck
    My hower stall only has one control, just turn the knob around to your adjusted temp. It leaks from the shower head went in the off position
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Sep 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Would need to know brand of shower valve, but sounds like you need a new cartridge.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 19, 2012, 10:30 AM
    This also sounds like you may have excessive water pressure. What is the psi?

Sep 27, 2012, 02:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    This also sounds like you may have excessive water pressure. What is the psi?
    How do I find that out? Where do I look to find the PSI?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Get a water pressure test gauge see the image below and connect to the spigot, turn on the water check the PSI and let us know, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tiled shower that has leaked on the ceiling below. I have already reseated the drain. The grout appears to be OK. There is a small hole at the bottom of the tile by the shower pan about 1/2 inch wide and water comes out into the pan when shower runs. I have cut holes in facing wall and...

Is there a product that I can use to stop a leak in a shower pan in a tiled shower? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an upstairs fullly tiled shower that is leaking from the shower pan. I have opened the ceiling below and tested both the drain and the shower pan and it is the pan that has a slow drip. Is there a product that I can apply over the tile to seal the leak? In "the old days" there used to be...

Shower Leak! [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed recently I had water leaking from behind my showerhead. Today I pulled back the little silver ring that fits around the shower pipe and fits up close to the wall. The pipe that is connected to the showerhead and then the pipe that is in the wall is leaking causing minor dry wall damage. I...

Shower Leak and toilet leak in different bathrooms [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Leak 1. Last week I noticed a water stain in my ceiling below my shower. The stain is about 1 foot to the left of where the drain would be. The stain on my ceiling is in the shape of an "L" . Leak 2. I hope this is unrealated to Leak 1. There is a stain on my ceiling which I...

View more questions Search