Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Aug 25, 2012, 08:35 AM
    Headlight Condensation
    I have a 2009 Chevy Cobalt with 20,000 miles on it. The right headlight has a lot of condensation in it that I can't get to dry up. There is no nicks, or cracks in the headlight lens and all the sealent around headlight looks intact. Not very handy with cars, any sugguestions would be appreciated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
    You have a breach someplace, and trust me... its not always easy to see.

Went through that on another car once... never did find where it was occurring, and I tried to find it for years before the reflector corroded. But the replacement lights never did it.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Aug 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Should be a vent hole in the headlight assembly. Sometimes spiders build nest in the vent. Check it out and see if it's plugged. If it is, clean it out and drive around with your lights on. That'll dry out the inside.

If it's not plugged, buy a new headlight assembly on rockauto.com or amazon.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headlight Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

My headlights go out while I am driving my car but the alternator and the battery check good. What can it be?

Headlight Replacement [ 0 Answers ]

I just bought the headlight assemblies for my 1999 chevy cavalier. I need to know how to relace the entire assembly, how much time will it take a beginner and what special tools do I need. Do I have to do something with the adjusters or are they preset from the company. Thanks.

Headlight adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 chevy cavlier headlight adjuster is frozen and it will cost me $210 to get it repaired. Can I repair it myself? How difficult is it?

Help with headlight [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 alitma, and I want to replace the headlight bulb, did everything I was everything to do to takeit off,there's a mental ground wire that come off and I don't know were it goes nor how to get it back on right?:rolleyes: :confused:

View more questions Search