Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2012, 04:17 AM
    What is the Best Caulking for the Bathroom
    So what is the best caulking for the tub area. Subject to a lot of moisture?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 22, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Buy white silicone, not latex, and one with anti-mildew properties (even though that wears out over time, being water soluble). The major brands are all good.
    I learned years ago to direct the caulk forward, not back, for a smoother bead. Cut the tip as small as possible, at an angle, and apply at the same angle.
    More is not better. Tiniest bead you need.
    The newer caulking guns are better than the old ones, although you have to remember to release the pressure lever or the caulk keeps coming out.
    Be sure the surface is 100% clean and dry before starting. Rubbing alcohol is a good cleaner.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Thank You
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 22, 2012, 06:22 AM
    We use Dap White Tub and Tile Caulk. Regards, Tom
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2012, 06:43 AM
    Thanks
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Aug 22, 2012, 08:44 AM
    I agree with Tom 100%, I find Dap Tub and Tile cauk the best and is easy to use in a squeeze tub instead of a caulking gun. It cleans up easy with water and a sponge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tub caulking [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I have caulked tubs along the wall many of times in my life. But, I have never had this problem. The caulk even after curing for 36 hours seems to melt after just a couple days. I becomes liquid again, just as if it was out of the tube. I am so confused. It is a jacuzzi style tub with tiled...

Caulking Issues! [ 2 Answers ]

So about two weeks ago I wanted to re-caulk my shower because I noticed some areas where it wasn't done properly, I followed the directions and thought it looked pretty good, but after the 36 hours when I used the shower all the caulk turned to mush. So I redid it over a week ago now and let it set...

Bathtub caulking [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have asked this question a short while ago and I am back with the same issue: The new caulk slowly falls off after the shower. I have checked and I don't think there is moisture in the area before I applied the caulk. I have purchased a new bottle of caulk for the purpose. ...

Caulking the tub [ 1 Answers ]

We used Dap Kitchen and Bath Adhesive Caulk. We let it dry for two Days. But it washes off. Is there something better, that will be pliable Yet firm enough to stay put?

Caulking vs grouting [ 4 Answers ]

I just set 50 large (8"x 10") tiles on the upper back wall over my fiberglass shower unit. These tiles go along the top (to the ceiling) and down along the sides to the floor. The will not come into contact with direct water. (hopefully) I had planned on mixing grout that would have matched my...

View more questions Search