Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

May 31, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Possible mold?
    This is a 1 1/2 year old house in NE Ohio. I have a soffit with a heat and a/c trunk line in it. Where the soffit meets the outside wall on the soffit side about 2" in from outside wall is about a 1" wide pink line from top of soffit to about an 1 1/2" from bottom of soffit. It has just shown up in the last month sometime during April and May. Could this be mold and how do I fix it if it is? Thank you for any help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 31, 2012, 02:32 PM
    I have never seen pink mold. Insulation showing?
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

May 31, 2012, 03:35 PM
    There is no insulation showing as the pink line is on flat part of soffit, not in a corner, it is a couple of inches in from corner, "google" has shown there is mold that shows up pink, Any other help would be appreciated. Thank you
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Pink mold is actually a bacteria that lives in moist or damp conditions. To remove has to be cleaned up with bleach.

To prevent in future, have to find source of dampness and correct the problem. If u have heating/cooling ducts in area, they should be insulated to prevent the moisture transfer.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold--how to treat it and can the walls be painted to discourage mold? [ 2 Answers ]

How do your rid cinderblock walls of mold and can you paint walls afterwards to prevent more mold?

Landlord will not Clean mold or replace mold covered cabinate in a timely Manner [ 4 Answers ]

We have Mold in our rented house! We had a pipe break under our kitchen sink and the landlord came and fixed that about a month ago, and said he would be back to fix the cabinate under the sink. Well it is now COVERED in mold and its even growing in the drawers. We called and he came and "cleaned"...

Is this mold? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in my basement today, which is unfinished. The exposed wood is covered with a pastic sheet. I noticed on some of the boards there is a black film. Is this mold? It has been humid where I live and maybe the plastic over the wood created a mold growth situation? If this is mold, do I...

Mold [ 6 Answers ]

Hello my basement is unfished... last year we decided to put up blue stryaphone isolation over concrete walls... I am worried about mold because it is in a basement of an old farm house... if mold should grow behind the 1 inch blue styraphone is there anyway to know... thank you

Mold [ 1 Answers ]

What will mold the fastest? Unrefrigerated cheese or bread? And approximately how long will this process takes?

View more questions Search