Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bon Bon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Bath Tub Drain Vent
    We are installing a new shower in the first floor bath and there is no vent for the drain. We live in a three story 106 year old story house. All three floors are finished. Venting to the roof is not an option. What can we do?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Lot of typing to explain this, if no one else gets it I will type it out when I have more time.
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Feb 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Hopefully, the lavatory has a vent. If you route the shower drain to the lavatory drain, it might be wet vented by the lavatory vent. It depends on the distance and the pipe diameter. How far apart are the fixtures?
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Feb 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
    From pm: "Thank you for your response. The fixtures are 7' apart but are on opposite sides of the room. Using 1 1/2" pipe."

Please respond on the board so others can see and help!

I think 7' is too far. Also, if there is no tub with the shower, the drain has to be 2" pipe. Speedball1 or doug can probably explain the maximum distances for each pipe size.
    Bon Bon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 01:13 PM
    I'd appreciate whatever suggestions anyone can offer concerning this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the bath tub drain, it says it just screws out. What type of tools will I need.

Bath tub drain [ 5 Answers ]

When I let the water out of my tube I hear water draining I my sink down stairs I have a split level home bath tub is on the upper floor and the sink is on the lower floor below the main floor which is on the lower level what may cause this:mad:

Bad bath tub drain [ 6 Answers ]

Help! I tried to change the bathtub drain and the inner portion of the drain is glued into the plastic drain pipe. I tried to pry it off but a 1 cm hole is now created in the plastic drain pipe. A small project has led to complete disaster. Other than the standard home depot answer of "take the...

Bath tub drain problems-help, please. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trip lever/plunger type bath tub drain. I decided to try replacing it/adjusting it because it had a leak. I would take a bath, and the water would drain out in 1/2 hour. No soaking in this tub. The house is 1922, the tub is pretty old as well. The plunger and linkage apparatus was...

Earring down bath-tub drain? [ 1 Answers ]

Quick question: My wife dropped her earring down the bath-tub drain. No water has gone down the drain, but I don't know if bath tubs have a trap similar to a sink. Can it be retrieved or is it lost? Can a plumber help?

View more questions Search