Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merlin73 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 05:13 PM
    Goodman furnace with 3 blinking lights and furnace has flame roll back
    I have a GMNT-080-4B Some times I get a 3 blink light issue and then when it starts it has a flame roll back. Also I have to change the ignitor every year. Any help would be great
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 18, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Flame rollback can be from a various number of issues all being dangerous. Best advice would be to call a qualified technician so he can check gas output levels from the valve, heat exchanger, etc.

Oct 18, 2011, 08:21 PM
    I just checked my install manual online, whould a under size vent pipe cause the flame roll back, the installer put a 2" and should be 3"

Oct 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
    Is it 2" all the way to the outside or does it go from 2" and then transision into 3"?

Oct 18, 2011, 10:00 PM
    It is 2" all the way to the roof, I went to the roof to see if it was clogged and saw that the venting pipes was 2"

Oct 19, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Well then yes that is incorrect. The vent size standard off that furnace is 3"... sometimes a tech will downsize at the furnace for approximately 3 or 4 feet and then go back to 3". Being that it was installed with 2" it causes a retriction for proper combustion flow. That unit is designed to flow with a 3" pipe and therefor should be installed as such. I would call them back and tell them to fix their screw up. Are they paid in full?

Oct 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
    Yes it was installed a few years back and paid for, I just kept calling them and now they won't call back. So I was checking to see if I could fix my problem instead of calling another company

Oct 19, 2011, 01:53 PM
    You could replace the pipe yourself with 3"... make sure you use schedule 40 DWV PVC pipe though. Send the contractor a certified letter stating he has 10 days to respond to you in writing his intentions to fix his improper installation. A lawyer would probably handle this for you and collect his fees from the contractor. I don't normally suggest things like that but I also don't like to see someone get taken advantage of. Just a thought...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace - 3 Blinking lights [ 26 Answers ]

I have a Goodman model GMNT 080 4B. The furnace start like normal but when the temperature reaches about 64 degrees I receive an error light. The fan continues to run but the burners do not. I have already tried cleaning the flame sensor but the problem continued. The error indicator light...

Goodman Furnace Flame sensor? Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Having an issuse with my goodman furnace. Fan turns on, Ignitor turns red, flame comes on, and then goes out then blower motor comes on. Repeats 2 or 3 times and stops. The led is a steady red. I have replaced the circuit board, flame sensor, flame sensor wire, and the 24v transformer chassis...

Goodman furnace- roll out switch [ 0 Answers ]

Roll out switch needed resetting. My service man says new furnace required. Is it possible that just a new switch could be needed?

Goodman furnace runs but not always with flame first [ 0 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace sometimes starts up, vent fan, then the gas does not ignite or even appear, then blower runs through its cycle and shuts off, blowing unheated air around. It does this about 30% of the time now. A HVAC pal filed off the igniter rod saying it was corroded. He said there was...

Goodman 90 plus furnace flame sensor [ 6 Answers ]

Goodman furnace is showing single blink every 2 seconds. I see that a possible problem is the FLAME SENSOR. My main question: Is the flame sensor the SAME part as the ceramic ignitor ? If different, where is it in relation to the ignitor ?

View more questions Search