Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Oct 12, 2011, 09:36 PM
    Sticky drywall and slightly discolored outside of shower
    New house ( 4 months old) with 5' fiberglass shower with glass sliding doors in master bath. Drywall in shower wall surround above shower and ceilng in shower is fine. On each end of shower outside of shower doors is about a 6" wide section of drywall from floor to ceiling is slightly off color and sticky, but is completely dry. Builder has no idea why. Rest of bathroom drywall is also fine. Builder's painter looked at it and has no answer. Any suggestions would be appreicated.
    SpringtimeHomes Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Oct 15, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Masking tape residue from the shower rail install?
    Samthehandygal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Overspray of adhesive? I'd bet they used spray adhesive on the shower wall panels to adhere them to the walls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What causes slightly discolored toilet water [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Repair drywall seam around shower stall-some mold in drywall [ 3 Answers ]

Paint on drywall seam --10 in .that surromds ouside od shower stall has cracked. Pulling it off I discovered the mesh drywall tape below showed no signs of mud and was on top of dryall which now has developed a 6 in length of mold--- Painter 3-years ago did not do proper job-what to do?

Drain being slightly higher then tiles in the shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, you helped so much last time I had a problem.well here goes, we had our old tiny bathroom gutted and a tiled shower installed.I used it the first time last night and noticed the drain is slightly higher then the tiles.I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't notice some water standing and when...

Drywall above shower enclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new shower enclosure. I am installing water resistant drywall above this enclosure. The enclosure is nailed to the studs and protrudes slightly from the studs and not flush. How would I rout out the back side of the drywall (about one eighth inch) so it will fit flat against the...

Soggy subfloor and discolored linoleum near shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass bottom shower with marble sheets for walls and a glass sliding doors. I have noticed the linoleum is disclored and soggy underneath but only in the corners near the front of the shower were you step in. I have recaulked the whole shower with a good silicone and also in the...

View more questions Search