Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Huckey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 09:39 AM
    Shop electrical
    I have a 1954 model house with a new Sq D 150amp panel. I am adding a shop and converting the current service to 400amp. Our PUD requires all new services to be underground so here is my plan. When I get to the meter base with my pud make up I plan to connect to one 200 amp service that will supply the shop and a 200 amp main disconnect that will supply the house. (shop and house are connected by attic.) My questions are two: What size SER wire do I need to supply the 150 amp house panel that will require approx. 75 ft of wire? 2: I am not familiar with the specific type of service disconnect I need to use, can someone give me a model? 3: I plan to drive new ground rods at the new entrance and ground everything there. Do I need to run 4 wire SER or 3 wire SER cable. I am aware that I need to isolate grounds at the old 150 amp panel to make it a sub-feed.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 12:26 PM
    I apologize for not seeing this item earlier. Have you resolved your question or do you still need assistance?
    Huckey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 11:55 PM

Got it thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Lawn Tractor : Electrical power not getting to the electrical clutch. How fix? [ 2 Answers ]

1992 Toro Lawn Tractor with excellent mtnce: The electrical power is not getting to the electircal clutch. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks

Can substandard electrical wiring installation at home produce electrical arching [ 6 Answers ]

Can substandard electrical wiring installation at home produce electrical arching? Then fire?

Coffee Shop [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to start a small coffee shop but I have no idea how to start to find the information I need. Can anyone help to start me on the right path?

View more questions Search