Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msvolkert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 05:24 AM
    Direct drive washer won't spin-rotate tube 4 inches and it will spin
    I have a direct drive washer. Have checked the motor coupler. Replaced the clutch. When it gets to the spin cycle it won't spin. If you open the lid and rotate the tub counterclockwise about 4 inches then close the lid it will spin. What could be wrong?
    JimGu Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 21, 2011, 01:48 PM
    When you do that does it spin properly or is it slow and noisy. Sounds like the transmission may have leaked some oil into the basket drive assembly and/or clutch. It could, however, just be a defective drive block. Remove the agitator and inner tub and you can access the drive block. It has two slots spaced at 180 degs. If they are not mating to the ears sticking up from the basket drive assembly, that is your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer, agitator works, but during the spin cycle it doesn't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer, I replaced the outer tub and the drive block, but it now doesn't spin. It drains the water, I can hear the motor come on, and feel the vibration . The switch is fine. I looked at the couple, but did not take it apart. The clutch looked fine, sanded the pads and case....

Kenmore washer 70 series humming at spin cycle - won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

RE: kenmore 70 series model 110.20712990 Type 111 top load washer. Won't spin. Humming noise and a little burning/hot smell when supposed to be spinning. Bypassing the lid switch did not correct the problem. Changed out the motor coupling with no luck... still a humming noise but no smell.

Direct Drive Whirlpool washer not going into spin [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My 14 year old washer stopped going into the spin cycle. I took it apart and found the motor coupler was broken so I replaced it. I also replaced the agitator dogs since these were worn out. This did not fix the problem. I checked the lid switch and it seems to be working since the water stops...

View more questions Search