Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lneal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Thank you wording for memorial contribution
    Family and friends contributed to a scholarship fund in our loved one's name. What is the best way to respond to this in a thank you note?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2010, 02:43 PM

Thank you for your contribution to XYZ in memory of {my son/husband/whatever} XYZ.

We appreciate your generosity.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 11:55 PM

I like JudyKayTees and would also suggest you add something a little more personal about the person you've lost to the note. For example, something like, "As you know, David's great passion was English Literature, and it means the world to us to know that another student can pursue that same passion in his honor."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a memorial contributions started [ 1 Answers ]

What do I have to do to get a Memorial contributions started in memory of my nephew that past away last September. I want to do this for my sister and my mom and dad. :(

Memorial Day [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: To the fallen, so that we can live free. Oooo Rah! excon

Excess contribution 401k, 1099R 2007 coded for 2006 contribution [ 1 Answers ]

Excess contribution 401k, taxpayer received 1099R 2007 Year coded for 2006 contribution Does this go on 2007 or 2006 return?

Somewhere Over the Rainbow (pet memorial) [ 14 Answers ]

Well, Allheart is at it again, decided to think :eek: I know when I lost my "babies" there really wasn't a hurt that could compare. I wanted to let the world know about my babies, but didn't know where to go, or who would listen. All of us that love our little and big ones, know how much...

Memorial contribution flowers or money [ 2 Answers ]

When sending a card for bereavement should you mention that you sent a memorial contribution? My spouse died last year. People sent money (in-lieu of flowers) to a local zoo. I could never thank any one the zoo was not able to tell me where the money came from. Thanks!:

View more questions Search