May 18, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Caulking the tub
    We used Dap Kitchen and Bath Adhesive Caulk. We let it dry for two
    Days. But it washes off. Is there something better, that will be pliable
    Yet firm enough to stay put?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 18, 2009, 01:12 PM

Dap Kwik seal with Microban is my favorite. I suspect you have an out of date tube of caulk. http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub caulking [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I have caulked tubs along the wall many of times in my life. But, I have never had this problem. The caulk even after curing for 36 hours seems to melt after just a couple days. I becomes liquid again, just as if it was out of the tube. I am so confused. It is a jacuzzi style tub with tiled...

Caulking tub tile [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday, I replaced the caulk in one of my bathtubs. I thoroughly removed the old caulk and cleaned the surface well. I had a unopened tube of DAP Kwik Seal kitchen and bath adhesive caulk, so I used it. However, it does not seem to have any silicone rubber in it because it is not flexible when...

Caulking Around windows [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hope you are having a Happy New Year! I have heard that it is a good idea to " caulk your windows and doors on the outside." "Where" exactly do you caulk or what do you caulk around? Thanks for any feedback!

Caulking a New Tub Surround [ 1 Answers ]

I just finished installing a 5-piece tub surround kit. I applied a 1/4" bead of adhesive around the edges of the corner panels before attaching it to the two side panels. However, after drying, there is still a small gap between the corner panel edge and the side panels. The attached...

Caulking vs grouting [ 4 Answers ]

I just set 50 large (8"x 10") tiles on the upper back wall over my fiberglass shower unit. These tiles go along the top (to the ceiling) and down along the sides to the floor. The will not come into contact with direct water. (hopefully) I had planned on mixing grout that would have matched my...

View more questions Search