Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    equestrianpro92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Types of archeabacteria and eubacteria
    :confused: What are some examples of archeabacteria and eubacteria? Like in the household or at a super market. Something that you could find every day.
    Thanks,
    equestrianpro92
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 05:44 PM

A subkingdom of bacteria, they survive in environments similar to those found on the young earth: hot springs, sea vents releasing sulfide-rich gases, boiling muds around volcanos, that sort of place. They differ from other bacteria (called Eubacteria) because:

* they are mostly anaerobic
    * the RNA of their ribosomes is different to that of Eubacteria.
    * they have no peptidoglycan in their cell walls
    * their fats are linked together in a different way

They include the methane forming, the salt loving and the heat loving bacteria.

Now you decide if they belong in the supermarket or household.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Types of gun [ 16 Answers ]

How many types of guns are there?

Types of business [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the following types of business (Sole Trader, Partnership, Close Corporation, Public Company, Private Company), is a separate taxable entity?

Piano Types [ 3 Answers ]

Right now I have a Williams Symphony Digital Piano, but in the future I plan on getting an acoustic piano. What should I look for when buying an acoustic? Does the brand matter?

Types of PVC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been wondering what exactly the difference is between Schedule 40 PVC piping and any other type. What specifically is different about what a schedule 40 does and its physical features? I am trying to get some piping that is 6" in diameter but that is not schedule 40 but I can't really do...

View more questions Search