Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judibigbootie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
    How do I locate the main drain pipe for plumbing on the roof of my house
    I need to find the pipe on my roof that I can run water through with a garden hose to try and clear a clog in my pipes to the kitchen. There are two sets of pipes on the roof and each set has two pipes sticking up, one being shortter than the other.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 12:27 PM

The larger diameter is usually the main drain. Look at the proximity of the pipe to the main drain.

Running water down the pipe can backfire into a flood.

It's best to snake, but be VERY CAREFUL not to lose the snake.

Windows are a good point of reference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hissing noise in main plumbing in house [ 8 Answers ]

In the last few weeks I have noticed a steady increase in a hissing type noise coming from the pluming in my house.. from the same area where we have a water pressure control. My Neighbors recently experienced a water mains break right where it separates from the city pipes to the ones going to our...

How to Locate Main Drain Cleanout and/or Fix Partial Clog [ 18 Answers ]

My home was built in 1965. I believe there is a partial clog in the main line (basement toilet bubbles, laundry room floor drain overflows). I called a drain-cleaning service but they were unable to locate the main clean-out. We have scoured the house for one. It's possibly behind...

How do I get rid of wasps in a pipe entered through the roof of my house [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wasps nest in an old soil pipe entered via a snmall hole over my back door can yoy help

Can the venting pipe for house plumbing be put through a soffit instead of the roof? [ 8 Answers ]

Can I vent my house plumbing through the soffit instead of through the roof?:confused: Hear is why... I have a standing seam roof on my house and my vent pipes have been taken out about 8 times due to snow & ice build up. We thought we finally had it resolved, we had put up braces we had made &...

Plumbing - Main Drain [ 1 Answers ]

Our drains seem to be backed up. My husband rented a 100 foot snake yesterday and tried to snake out the sewer drains in our backyard, we have three drains. The last one (furthest form the house), is empty, the first two (closest to the house) are filled with water, almost to the top of the...

View more questions Search