Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    74oakland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 01:56 PM
    How to install electric ignition on gas furnace
    Gas furnace (gravity system, no motors, no fans) - pilot light is on 24/7.

Would like to install electronic ignition.

Need installation instructions and schematics.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2008, 06:41 AM

You need to chose a product, which then you will find the installation instructions, etc.

Here is one made by Honeywell:

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/63-9415.pdf

Check with local codes, many areas require a license to work on natural gas systems, and electrical wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Electronic Ignition [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Coleman gas furnace with standing pilot light that I would like to convert to electronic ignition if possible. Model number is: 7655-856. If electronic ignition is not available, is there a high efficiency model that's a direct replacement?

Gas furnace ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant, Day & Night, gas furnace model 394GAD which approximately 20 yr old. It works fine except for wasting gas due to the manual pilot continuously lit. I would like to install a automatic ignition system. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do you know the model number, etc....

Need to install electric dryer but. [ 11 Answers ]

I have an old GE TM1010 panel which only two spaces available from the same hot bus bar. My question is would I be better off installing two tandem breakers in order to free up a space for a 30A double pole CB or to install a subpanel. Specific info: House is just under 2000 square feet. ...

Gas furnace intermittent electric ignition won't light pilot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furance with a pilot that lights by an intermittent electric ignitor. Occasionally, when the thermostat calls for heat, the electric ignition will spark repeatedly but ultimately, the pilot will not light. If I turn the thermostat off and then back on again, the problem...

View more questions Search