Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jed77 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Bath Drain Waste and Vent For Bathroom
    Ok, here is my original project I was working on but while read plumbing books I came across something that made me address my other post about the sewer smell in the upstairs sink.

Anyway, this is a master bath project on the first floor. Attached is a diagram based off what I was thinking and what was already in place before I started this project. How does it look?

Being that the toilet is 3" line does the 6ft critical distance from the vent apply here?

Probably a dumb question here but is the 6ft measure in a straight line from the toilet to the vertical vent or does it follow the route of the pipes?
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 19, 2008, 03:12 PM
    [Attached is a diagram based off what I was thinking and what was already in place before I started this project. How does it look?/QUOTE]
    It looks fine to me. The toilet's wetvented by the shower and the lavatory revents back to the shower vent. Why the dog leg on the lavatory drain?
    Being that the toilet is 3" line does the 6ft critical distance from the vent apply here?
    It's 10 feet now. It shouldn't as the toilet's being vented by the shower.
    [QUOTEis the 6ft measure in a straight line from the toilet to the vertical vent or does it follow the route of the pipes?]
    It follows the route of the pipes. This is called "developed length". Good luck, Tom
    Jed77 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 04:26 PM

I can fix the dog leg. That's not an issue.

Thanks for the help again!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 20, 2008, 06:57 AM
    No problem Jed,
    Your lay out works for me. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain/vent for bathroom sink and tub. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older bathroom that I am redoing and the sink drain went through the floor with an "S" trap, which I understand is not allowed with new construction. Is there a way to go through the floor and have a legal trap or should I go with a "P" trap and put the drain in the wall? I have already...

Up flush bathroom drain and vent [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all I am looking at building a basement bath and the drain and vents seem simple, but I am concerned. I have purchased a saniflow unit I have raised the floor 7" and will cover it with 5/8 plywood The room is just over 10x10 There are a few issues that I need help with

Bath Tub Drain Vent [ 4 Answers ]

We are installing a new shower in the first floor bath and there is no vent for the drain. We live in a three story 106 year old story house. All three floors are finished. Venting to the roof is not an option. What can we do?

New Basement Bathroom - Drain and Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We would like to install a new bathroom (well, half bath = sink + toilet) in our basement. Currently, there is a toilet down there, sitting on a cast iron wye off the main sewer line for the house. We want to move the toilet by approx. 8 feet. The final position would be directly above...

Drain Waste Vent Outside Kitchen Smells [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined :mad: Our house is 4 years old. We are on town water and sewer, no septic tank. There is a Drain Waste Vent on the outside wall of the house, directly behind the kitchen sink area. The end of the vent has a slotted cover. Approximately 1 month ago, I noticed that...

View more questions Search