Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronaldjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 11:15 AM
    I just moved ibto a mobil home and the washer drain pipe is caped off at abot 18in above the floor do I need to install a trap and how high should the pipe exttend so that it don't back up thank you for your help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Check and see if there isn't a trap under the floor. If there is cut the cap off and use a coupling to extend the standpipe up to 36" off the floor. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain pipe for washer? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a drain pipe that goes into the cement slab I'm on. I just notice that water is coming through the dirty around the pipe in the slab. This is only happening when the washer drains. Is this big problem?? What can be done to fix the problem?? Please help I need to clean clothes LOL??

Washer drain pipe too small? [ 1 Answers ]

I have read several posts here and it appears that you know what you are doing - and I don't! But I am real good at visualizing things. Here is my problem. I have lived in the same house for 20 years, and have never had a problem with the drain I speak about. We DID get a new washing machine a...

Drain Pipe from washer [ 1 Answers ]

I have had problemes wirh my water pipes freezing up this winter. Well then the trap on the dranage pipe blew and now it acts as if it is either pluged or frozen,water won't drain through only come out the trap. Now ? Is is there a certin what the lidfor the trap gose on and if it isn't on right...

Height of drain pipe for washer [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry, but I think this may be a totally rookie question. Instead of having our washing machine discharge into a sanitary tub I added a T to the drain and made a dedicated drain for the washer. The height of the pipe was only about half of the height of the washer itself. Now, when the washer tries...

Washer Drain pipe leak [ 5 Answers ]

My washer Drain had a pretty serious leak. It is commomed up with a drain from the suite above me right after the drain trap. The day that it leaked the drains were augered as a part of routine building maintenance. The leak stopped on it's own and hasn't leaked since. Can anyone suggest some...

View more questions Search