Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Nov 1, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Is there any legal action I can take?
    My daughter's biological father has never been a part of her life. Ya, he was around her for a few months here and there, only because we share common family members by marriage. No, we are not related. She was 2 yrs old when paternity test were done. A month after the paternity papers he got child support papers. The day after he received these, he filed charges against me for RAPE! Ok, I can laugh about it now, but it really ticked me off at the time. And it still pisses me off that he has never been man enough to simply say, I'm sorry I did that to you, I know it was wrong. He stated, he was drunk and passed out and I raped him. Well, nothing came of it. The prosecutor and sheriff knew it was b/s. After I took and passed a voice stress test and he refused one, the prosecutor dropped charges. About a year later I got married. He had never paid the child support ordered and my husband wanted to adopt my daughter. We hired an attorney who sent him papers stating that I'd sign away all the back child support owed and any future support due if he'd consent to the adoption. He returned the papers, signed and notarized, within a week. So, we went ahead with the adoption.

He was made very clear that he was NO LONGER HER FATHER, he had NO RIGHTS to her, and had NO RIGHT to know anything about her, her wellbeing, school reports, medical problems, etc.

Ok, now fast forward 5 years. He is now married. His wife and him have a child. She had 2 previous, he has 2 others besides the one he fathered with me and the one with his wife. His new wife has decided that she would get all of her children's names tattooed on her, along with all of his children's names. Which included MY DAUGHTER. This is not his child or her child. His wife did not even know him when the adoption and everything took place. They met after it was all over, after he'd been in/out of prison two or three times and had the other 2 kids. I've also heard that he is planning to have the same thing done.

My question is... Can I make her remove MY DAUGHTER'S name from her body and keep him from having it done?

I know that it is their body and they have the right to put on it what they want. However, this is not their child. And they have no right telling people that she is. I also feel they have no right putting MY DAUGHTER'S name on their body with their children's names.

I'm sorry that the post included so much background on the situation, just wanted you to see why I am angry, what happened in the past for me to feel the way I do about him and her doing this.
    DonnieLSD Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Nov 1, 2007, 12:09 PM
    I don't know if there is anything you can do. There may be some legal route you can take if they are actively telling people that this specific girl is there daughter. But, as far pas getting a name tattooed on their bodies, I don't think there is any legal action you can take against that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Sorry, its her body and she can do with it what she wants.
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Nov 1, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I figured as much... just really ticks me that him and her are allowed to throw her name and picture around and act like they have a part of the kid she is growing up to be. Or that she means something to them. His wife has NEVER even met her and he hasn't seen her in years. She isn't their daughter and they haven't had any part of raising or supporting her, by his choice. I gave him the chance to be a dad. Even agreed that I wouldn't push child support, all he had to do was be a dad. This was too much for him, I guess.

Thanks for the information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would you take Legal Action for Slander? [ 8 Answers ]

First, I need to tell the entire story so that you may get a feel of what's going on. About a month and a half ago I applied for an Assistant Managers position at one of the larger grocery stores in my city. I interviewed for the position and a few days later they called and made me a job...

Legal action against my husbands girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way that I can take legal action against my husbands girlfriend to keep her out of our lives for good? She seems to always find a way to weasel her way back in through nonstop calling of friends who get so fed up they have himm call her to see if he can get her to stop. This always...

He Says He Is Taking Legal Action, But I'm Not on Lease! [ 8 Answers ]

I moved into an apartment in the middle of Sept 06, with two strangers I met off Craig's List. They are nice people, but irresponsible, and very very very messy. Girl lived there for 3 years. Boy for 1 year. I ended up living there for about 8 months. I never signed the lease they were on,...

Wedding Video Legal Action [ 2 Answers ]

I got married in December and my wife paid a videographer to videotape our wedding. We gave him a deposit of $100 with the rest of the money to be paid upon receipt of the video. However, the videographer is no longer returning our phone calls or messages on his cell phone. He spoke with my wife...

View more questions Search