Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vern60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Plumbing septic noise
    Since our new septic system was installed with a new up-pump for the stationary tubs we have a problem with air being sucked through our kitchen sink when doing laundry. We checked out the roof air vent which is clear. This happens only when we do laundry and we really do not want to diconnect the up-pump and connect it directly to the sump(illegal). What other suggestions do you have? Could we change the location of the up-pump to the other side of the roof vent? Pipe location is as follows kitchen drain _air vent to roof_ up-pump.. would appreciate any ans. To this annoying noise.TY
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Does the air get sucked through the kitchen sink when the washer goes into the drain cycle? If so you just think your vent is clear, it is blocked somewhere. Rod from the roof. Use enough rod to reach from roof to basement floor and the 10-15 " more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hissing noise in main plumbing in house [ 8 Answers ]

In the last few weeks I have noticed a steady increase in a hissing type noise coming from the pluming in my house.. from the same area where we have a water pressure control. My Neighbors recently experienced a water mains break right where it separates from the city pipes to the ones going to our...

Plumbing Noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have continuing, loud, "blub, blub" noise coming from bathroom sink on first floor of house. The bathroom is one that is rarely used, but whether sink has been used, the loud noise is almost constant. The grandchildren will not stay in guest room, near problem bathroom, as the noise scares...

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

Plumbing toilet noise [ 3 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet or run my water I hear a very loud gurgle sound through the house, what is it?

Underslab plumbing info to septic [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to put plumbing in for a future bathroom in our garage(Washington state). We need to make corrections for the inspector. He is not overly helpful.:confused: We need to do a pressure test with 10ft of head pressure. Is this done just on the outside sewer pipe? Or on the...

View more questions Search