Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garybrooks Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Under mount sink installition kit
    I have an undermount bathroom china sink with no hardware for installition I have looked on mfg:s web sites and in town and cannot find the inserts and clips to fit ,any suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 27, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Why didn't the installation kit come with the lavatory? If there's a brand name on the lavatory contact the manufacture and order a kit. Good luck, Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Hi Gary:

As Speedball said, should be as easy as a call to the manufacturer. If this is an older sink and you simply can't identify or something like that then I would recommend that you check with almost any cabinet maker or countertop installation company in your area... they should have some clips they can spare, or at the least they should be able to order you a set... ;)

MARK
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 07:47 PM
    If this lavatory is one that you are trying to mount and it mounts to a wodden counter top then you can make yourself some hangers by using a piece of 1/4 wood cut you a strip about 1 inch wide and about 24 inches wide. Cut the piece of wood into an L shap piece on the end about two inches long.

Put a bead of silicon caulk on the uper rim of the lavatory before you install it to the bottom of the cabinet top.

Hold the lavatory up with a loop of wire down through the drain hole and over a board wider that the lavatory hole and then insert a tool of some kind and twist the wire loop, it will cause the lavqaroty to raise up against the botom of the cabinet top. Then you can secure it with the L shaped pieces by putting then against the edge of the lavatory and then put a crew into the cabinet top.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wet mount and dry mount preparation [ 1 Answers ]

What is the advantage of using wet mount preparation instead of dry mount preparation?

How to mount a wall mount pot filler [ 3 Answers ]

I was thinking about installing a wall mounted pot filler in our kitchen. What type of fitting and mounting does this require. I am using ½” copper to a thread male. I will secure the pipe to the stud. Is this correct. How far out does the thread need to stick out of the wall.

Direct Mount Sink Pump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have come across a pump(without any venting to main stack.) Here is the link to it. Hartell > Products > Waste Water Pump > LTA Pump. It is a hartell direct mount sink pump. Is this pump valid per code? (International plumbing code) Thanks Sam.

How to mount a utility sink (with legs) to the wall. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out how to retro fit my stand-up utility sink so that it is mounted to the wall of my garage. I do not want the front legs of the sink to be in the way (for cleaning purposes) and I couldn't find a wall mounted version in my area. Does anyone have any ideas of how to mount...

View more questions Search