Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamienicholson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Ice maker solenoid installation
    The ice maker in our GE side by side refrigerator stopped working, although we are still able to get water from the door. I initially replaced the ice maker unit, but it still didn't work. I assumed that the solenoid/water valve must be defective and replaced it as well. I still can't get it to work, even after waiting more than 48 hours to see if the darned thing would produce ice. Is there a correct way to reattach the 2-lead connector to the solenoid? I thought I had it reconnected the same way, but maybe I've got it reversed. Any thoughts? :confused:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 10:17 AM

There is no polarity to the solenoid.

Based on what you have done, you either have no water to the solenoid or the water tube is plugged. You might have to defrost the freezer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad fuel solenoid? [ 2 Answers ]

If I spray starting fluid or pour a little gas in my carb will my mower start if my fuel solenoid is bad

Solenoid [ 1 Answers ]

How To Test A Solenoid For A Lawn Tractor

Ice Maker installation [ 2 Answers ]

I just had my ice maker connected. I notice the tech used plastic tubing rather than copper. I was concerned if it was okay to use plastic tubing. Is it better than copper? He said he used plastic because he went through th cabinet and around the dish washer. Copper he said might break. Is...

B & S Solenoid relay [ 2 Answers ]

Can you assist me with testing procedures for a 12v, B & S Vanguard motor, relay solenoid. Can it be tested when removed from the mower? speedy2460

Solenoid [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to test the soleniod for the reversing valve on a heat pump? :confused:

View more questions Search